Ebay calling people to register for managed payments???

I got a call yesterday, some guy said he was from Ebay and that if I don't register for managed payments, they will restrict my account. He knew my username but didn't ask for personal details, i called the number back and it was to Ebay. Funny thing is he said he's gonna send me message on my account with link to register for the MP but I received nothing. That doesn't really surprise me because I know how unreliable Ebay is, but it's weird. 

Anyone else got a bizarre call from Ebay?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

No. Maybe you have ignored the multiple messages telling you to register.

I got directions, months ago, to register for MP. And did. And now get paid for my sales.

It IS optional. If you don't register you won't get paid.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

The kept sending me message but with no links and when I contacted Ebay about it, they told me to ignore the messages, that I'm not eligible for MP.

What do you mean by "It IS optional. If you don't register you won't get paid."? They can't just keep or hold my money from sales, it'll have to go to my linked Paypal. But yes they can restrict my selling options.

In the mean time I am still waiting for that message with link to register for MP ๐Ÿ™‚ And how is it optional? I'd rather stay with Paypal which has been very reliable for me.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

It is optional,  if you don't like or want to used managed payments you are free to close your account or stop listing items.   No one forces you to stay.    

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply