Ebay claims a valid tracking number is invalid???

A buyer opened an item not received case. Ebay gives me three options of how to respond, the first one being to add a tracking number. I had already added a tracking number after posting the item. When I try to add the number as a response option, ebay is telling me the number is invalid and I cannot submit it. However, the number is very valid indeed, even Australia Post recognises it (but hasn’t delivered the item as yet and might have lost it). So what is ebay’s problem? The usual scenario would be for ebay to refund the buyer (with my money) if I cannot provide proof of posting the item, but what do I do if ebay does not let me submit the proof that I have? And why does their system not pick up that the auction in question already has a valid and correct tracking number attached to it?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Sorry to read you are having issues, are the tracking numbers entered manually or via a postage label link when you activate one.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

@pauls1239 wrote:

The situation with Ebay is getting ridiculous. Who the hell do they think they are... I've just received an email saying 67% of my tracking nos are invalid................Their stupid bullying has to stop. I try to obey all the conditions etc. ...Just too complicated now and am scaling down to say goodbye and good riddance.

The email says the percentage of tracked parcels that use an eBay-integrated method. Pre-paid satchels will be part of the 67%.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

I use MyPost business and manually enter the tracking numbers. That seems to still trigger the 'valid' method, and the percentages are fairly close for prepaid satchels, so it seems the MyPost ones are covered.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply