Ebay delays

I am  starting to think Ebay is all about the buyer and sellers are expendable.   Not for the first time I have sold an item and have a buyer want my contact details (Phone #) .   Sorry, all correspondence via ebay messages.  Don't hear from buyer  again.   Now the pain begins,  I can cancel the order - 10 days for buyer to confirm.  I can wait 4 days to pay and 4 days to respond to non-payment.  

I can sell these items on a 3 day auction, now its out to 8/10 days.  Negative feedback for a time wasting buyer ??? no can't happen.  But they can leave negative feedback for a cancelled order.   Ebay and dodgy buyers are wasting my time and limiting my sales.     What is the best method of handling/ quickest turn around of "no sale" instances?   Buy now has been tried and results in lower sales performance.  A good transaction can take 4 pays from list to post,   Time wasters can take 17 days   from list to relist/sale/post.  4 days to pay/ 4 to respond is ridiculuous.   Ebay should have an auto pay function that when listed in the ad as a function is a requirement  (listed and warned at the time of bidding - in fact can't bid unless auto pay function is enabled.)

Just so frustrating and senseless.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Ebay delays

Just enabale instant payment ....problem solved. 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Ebay delays

You are spot on, ebay is ALL for the buyer

They forget that without sellers,there would be no buyers but they treat sellers with utter contempt

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Ebay delays

How immediate payment works

You can require immediate payment in both fixed price listings, as well as auction-style listings with a Buy It Now option.

Here's how it works:

Fixed price: When you require immediate payment in a fixed price listing, the first person who selects Buy It Now and completes the PayPal transaction gets the item
Auction with Buy It Now: Immediate payment only applies to Buy It Now transactions, so when a bid is placed the immediate payment requirement disappears. (If you listed with a reserve price, it disappears after the reserve price is met.) The listing then becomes a regular auction listing and the highest bidder wins
Tip
Immediate payment listings can only be paid for through PayPal.
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Ebay delays

@comm4114,

@comm4114wrote:

Not for the first time I have sold an item and have a buyer want my contact details (Phone #) .   Sorry, all correspondence via ebay messages.

You can obtain your buyer's details (phone number) via the Advanced Search - find contact information page. While eBay is paranoid about member-to-member details being sought or given via the message system, that applies only to members who are not/have not been in a transaction with each other. Your buyer can also obtain your phone number via this method, and you can chat by phone to organise whatever needs to be organised. (Presumably it's the Holden Commodore VT Master/Booster conversion, with the listing stating that the buyer needs to contact you to learn about the freight cost.)

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Ebay delays

You just realized this now?

It has been all about the buyer for many many years now.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply