Procedure - invoice existing upon offer

Hi all,

Some advice out of your busy day please 🙂

In circumstances where an offer has been made on two listings that have a few watchers, but no bids, and concern that by the time you send an invoice to the offerer, said listings might attract bids, what should/can you do to reserve the items for the person making the offer?

And, when you do get to a computer it all takes time anyway, in which case a bid still could be made, so should you delist the items first and then invoice?

Just a bit confuzzled and think I should sort this before wine o'clock .... lol.

Many thanks,

Melina.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The person making the offer takes the chance that it may be bought outright before their offer is accepted.

You can minimise this by either accepting/rejecting the offer as soon as you can or by using the automatic accept/reject function.

That way the member knows immediately whether the offer is acceptable, even if you do not invoice immediately....and the item is off the market so no-one else can buy it/

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks very much Lyndal. I didn't really explain myself properly, but all ok.

I think 🙂

Melina

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks very much Lyndal. I didn't really explain myself properly, but all ok.

I actually made a right royal mess of things, but I've got myself out of trouble.

I think 🙂

Melina

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

You can't invoice them unless they have bought the items or made formal offers through the 'best offer' function, which your acceptance of makes a purchase. That's the function that is not available on auctions.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks Dave. I was about to ask another question and you pre-empted it 🙂

Whats the best course of action then in those very circumstances. Your item is for auction and a buyer mails you with an offer you'd like to accept for two or three of your listings combined?

What I did (probably something much easier though)  was cancel the two relevant listings and then created a very brief private (Reserved) listing. It all worked and I've done  right by eBay, but not necessarily correct.

thanks for your advice.

Melina.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

That's the best way. A special listing including all items.

Then the listing number messaged to the potential buyer.

When I do one of those, I only make the listing for 1 day.

Then if they don't pay, I put the original listings back up.

Sounds like it all worked out.

image host
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Ah! Thanks Kopes 🙂

Yes, all good. I managed to save my derrière....lol

Good to know I did something right.

Melina.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply