Ebay feedback and seller protection

webky1
Community Member

Hi, 

I recently have had a negative feedback left on my ebay account as I had to cancel an item due to it being too large for ebay postal services, on speaking to a John from customer service I was told that it cannot be removed unless the buyers agreed. 

However I called awhile back about a negative feedback and another consultant told me that I should have called them up earlier as now it is past 90 days they are unable to do anything about it and that Ebay protects sellers through sellers protection policies. 

John was the worse customer service representative I have encountered at ebay as all he was telling me that Ebay sellers had no seller protection and that I should have not used the ebay postal services and should have gone through a third party sender for my postage, but if you read the ebay policies, if I send from third party senders I will be disadvantage during disputes about items not arriving.

So now I dont know what to expect from ebay anymore as all the advice given has been contradictory.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I am sorry for your plight, but did you not check before listing as to whether you could post it or not? I do not know what you mean regarding eBay Postal Service? Do you mean Australia Post? If so, they are not owned by eBay. As for other means of sending, many Sellers choose to use Couriers, and I am unaware of any less protections being offered by sending this way. As for the negative you have received, it is correct that you cannot remove it without the consent of the buyer, and as they are most probably annoyed at not being able to get their item, I doubt they would agree to removing it. My suggestion would be to use this as a learning curve and make sure you get more information about sending next time. There are plenty of knowledgeable Sellers on these boards who could advise you on using Couriers and anything else you need to know. I cannot help with this as I only use Australia Post.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

It was an outdoor table and two chairs!!

No way was that going through the post.

Why didn't you list it as Pick up only?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

The OP has a few more listings that will be too large for AP as well Stawks, they need to have pick-up only on them or use couriers.

webky, couries have tracking on their parcels so you should be covered if you use them, if you don't want to use couriers then you must have those items as pick-up only otherwise you'll be getting more negs.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

there is no such thing as "seller protection",  ebay only cares about buyers that = sellers paying fees.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Give it a rest.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply