Ebay has increased their fees AGAIN

Interesting to see ebay has increased their fees AGAIN. FEATURED store monthly fees going up from $60.45 per month to $82.45. That is a 36% increase. Not to mention how sold item fees have been creeping up over the past 10 years to so. When will it stop? Those increases are WAY above inflation. Ebay doesn't get it, they think their sellers are open buckets of money. We have to pass these fees onto our customers, there is a limit to what people are prepared to pay for certain items. Keep it up ebay, eventually lots of sellers will go elsewhere (like Amazon)..

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

not only that....

Dear twyngwyn,

At eBay, we regularly review our pricing to ensure it reflects the value of eBay tools and subscriptions. Between June and August 2022, weโ€™re making some changes to fees and credits on eBay.com.au. Read below for the changes that are relevant to you. 

Final Value Fees are changing for items in the Business and Industrial category

From July 1 2022, the Business and Industrial category is being moved from Tier 2 to Tier 4 in our fee structure for eBay Stores. This means your Final Value Fees will increase for items listed in that category. Find your new Final Values Fees via the links below. 

eBay Store selling fees for registered businessesโ†’
eBay Store selling fees for others โ†’
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Interesting that the store sub fee increase, only appears to affect featured stores.  So those with featured stores may have to weigh up the pros and cons, and alter their subs if required.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Yes, I dropped to BASIC in March this year

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

the email states: Read below for the changes that are relevant to you. 

Did anyone get a different email...ie.....a different category increase?

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Hi twyn,  same message here.  I missed the store sub increase when I first viewed the links,  My fault, did not scroll up!!

Would have been none the wiser, except for the OP.

Likewise, switched to basic a while back

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

I have both a Featured store and a Basic store.  I only received the email on the Featured store account.

Might combined the stores now as the increase is about the difference in pricing between the 2.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

I switched back to Basic when I joined MP last year.

The FVF difference didn't cover the extra store cost. With 250k listings per month, I don't need a store, but prefer to have one.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

250k = 250,000 listing per month and only a basic store, amazing.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

@gec2002 wrote:

250k = 250,000 listing per month and only a basic store, amazing.

I don't have a store and I get 250,000 listings a month. Amazing.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply