Ebay kangaroo court rules again

Hi all, buyer requested refund, then failed to return the item, I escalated  the case today at 8.15, by 8.30 I received a reply that ebay had decided in the buyers favor. **bleep**. Now they have sent off a return label from ebay themselves, which I had already done on 31st July. Now he gets another free kick at me while the funds from the sale are on hold. Ebay tells me that if he doesn't return the item, then the decision will be reversed and I get to have my funds, and he has to accept keeping the item. I like the way ebay gives the buyes SO MUCH leeway, yet us sellers are ordered to do things to the minute with no room for any bending of the rules.  If he didn't bother to return the item, or reply to my requests for photos, I cannot see how giving him more time will do anything, except hold my Paypal account to ransom.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

That's plain wrong and it seems in contravention of their own policies.

The only thing I can see to take from this is that whenever a seller escalates a case ebay "escalation team" bots will simply automatically find in favour of the buyer no matter what.

So as a seller never take this step even you are 100% sure you are in the right.

Better to call ebay and discuss the case with a person and see if you can get them to CANCEL (not escalate) the case without loss to you. NEVER escalate a case yourself even if the CSR tries to talk you into it as you will invariably lose it.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Hi Clarry, yes I did request that they cancel the request as the buyer has had ample time to comply, but no, the buyer gets another lifeline while I hang there with my Paypal in the red.  Oh well, it is forcing me to save my money and not buy anything as I will not add $180 to my paypal account to see it instantly held until this scammer of a claim is decided.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I admire your resilience.

If I had problems with every second transaction on eBay, as a buyer AND a seller, I would have given the site the flick years ago.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Well, that was my first case as a seller since joining in 2008, I dont see where your calculations are coming from. The issues I have had recently as a buyer were all valid and I was vindicated and received a full refund. I have made many purchases mainly in recent months due to home renovations from a flooding episode. So there you have it Dave, once more your judgement is way off the mark.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I am sure you are right. As your buyers and sellers would undoubtedly attest.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

See, this is the sort of carp that Michelle needs to look into, but I'm not sure if she reads every thread, and if she doesn't, how to alert her. We all know that a seller escalating  will see a dispute immediately closed in favour of the buyer. Once that happens, there is no reversing it. They'd never dream of taking the funds back from the buyer. I don't know of any cases of buyers having the money taken back from them. Usually they'll give you your money back from their own pocket and let the buyer  keep both  the item and the money.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

C'mon  Dave, please tell me you are looking for a stouch.     I have 1067 positive feedback as you can see, and have no negs. I have left very few, probably only a couple of negs for Chinese scammers, and as per usual, tEbay removes them to cover up what they are doing.  You seem to be unable to resist the opportunity to lay the boot into me on several occations, why, I cant fathom, but it appears to be a passtime of yours on the boards.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply