Ebay managed payments (Australia) Opt out or alternative payment options to bank deposit

Ebay Australia's switch over to managed payments (for my business) is a major impediment not a benefit.

I am a seller who uses my paypal funds received from sales (on a near daily basis) to send payments across the globe primarily for business.

Under the new Ebay managed payments, I will now have to wait up to 2+ business days to now have my sales funds deposited into my bank account from Ebay (maybe another business day before the inefficient banks here process the payment) & then will have to process another transfer back to Paypal (Another 5+ business days) - I now have no other option around this after numerous chats/calls to Ebay customer service/accounts trying to opt out of managed payments or seek an alternative. The current system works well for me, even if I have to pay a higher cost.

As a seller, I personally couldn't care less about Paypal's spin off from Ebay & the 'business rift' that has developed between the two but there has to been an alternative (Hyperwallet etc) or some businesses will suffer from this narrow minded approach & could potentially leave the platform - is this in Ebay's interest?

Message 1 of 152
Latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

Re: Ebay managed payments (Australia) Opt out or alternative payment options to bank deposit

I have heard that US members were being asked to sign into their bank account within eBay to verify their accounts (there was a third party involved, so it wasn't ebay who was actually getting the login details, and their info promised the data would be deleted immediately after verification...)

This is the first I've seen of an Aussie having this requirement, but the verification system is largely a copy of the US one, so this could be a glitch, not sure.

In any case, I would avoid it if possible (and if not, I would be changing my password immediately after verification).

I only had to supply a screenshot of my bank account while being logged in, it had to show my details (name, BSB and account number, plus date I think), and was fine to black out all transactions / amounts that were displayed.

This post on the US board from July last year mentions how they managed to avoid it, maybe it will work here if eBay insist on this method?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/Is-User-Name-and-Password-of-Bank-required-to-sign-up-for/m-p...

Message 21 of 152
Latest reply

Re: Ebay managed payments (Australia) Opt out or alternative payment options to bank deposit

This MANAGED PAYMENTS  is really another way ebay can MAKE MORE MONEY off the back of sellers that they really dont give a shid about...AS THEY DONT CARE WHAT SELLERS GRIPES ARE ..."the customer is ALWAYS right" - the sales fees go straight to ebay coffers immediately so they dont have to wait on monthly billing cycle "KACHING "and also PAYPAL do not offer a line of credit to help business anymore - it was the best system as you repaid the loan when you made a sale on ebay...SO also any listings on a foreign ebay site IS NOW CANCELLED WITH NO EXPLANATION FROM EBAY !!!! i like to sell items on the US website NOW THATS GONE TO SHID...i dont know about you guys but i have been getting offers from various SINGAPORE users that always have the following messaage IE that they are having trouble paying with paypal or bank deposit (I dont offer bank deposit)  and they quote the following link (looks like ebay GERMANY ) http://offer.ebay.de.contact-control.ga/? =&trksid=p3692IwAR0lB6Y422LMO0000h... i have reported this to ebay but they still keep coming....and i did mention that they seem a bit suspicious as this only started when ebay started BULLY me into Managed Payments... 

Message 22 of 152
Latest reply

You are entitled to any conspiracy theories that take your fancy.

Are you on MP or not? If yes, they explicitly ban selling on overseas sites, from my understanding. It would seem Adyen aren't as adept at international transactions as Paypal.

I doubt the taking of fees at POS is a money grab. Unless you withdrew your Paypal balance daily, it wouldn't make a difference to a seller anyway.

Message 23 of 152
Latest reply

I was only given the option of providing my access code. Not a problem - it was due for changing anyway. Once my details were accepted, I did.

Message 24 of 152
Latest reply

They can withdraw. A buyer logged a dispute, we provided all the evidence they were wrong. eBay decided the case in the buyer's favour and withdrew the money from our account.

Message 25 of 152
Latest reply

If course they can withdraw, how do you think your ebay fees will be paid in the future
Message 26 of 152
Latest reply

The ebay fees immediately come out of the sale

Message 27 of 152
Latest reply

Of course they can withdraw, how do you think your ebay fees will be paid in the future, also refunded returns will be taken from your bank account,
Message 28 of 152
Latest reply

Ok what about refunds, ??
Message 29 of 152
Latest reply

It will come out of your available or on hold funds and if you don't have enough then your account will have a negative balance.

Ebay will use your bank account or creditcard that's on file to retrieve the money owed

Message 30 of 152
Latest reply