Ebay managed payments (Australia) Opt out or alternative payment options to bank deposit

Ebay Australia's switch over to managed payments (for my business) is a major impediment not a benefit.

I am a seller who uses my paypal funds received from sales (on a near daily basis) to send payments across the globe primarily for business.

Under the new Ebay managed payments, I will now have to wait up to 2+ business days to now have my sales funds deposited into my bank account from Ebay (maybe another business day before the inefficient banks here process the payment) & then will have to process another transfer back to Paypal (Another 5+ business days) - I now have no other option around this after numerous chats/calls to Ebay customer service/accounts trying to opt out of managed payments or seek an alternative. The current system works well for me, even if I have to pay a higher cost.

As a seller, I personally couldn't care less about Paypal's spin off from Ebay & the 'business rift' that has developed between the two but there has to been an alternative (Hyperwallet etc) or some businesses will suffer from this narrow minded approach & could potentially leave the platform - is this in Ebay's interest?

Message 1 of 152
Latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

Ebay managed payments (Australia) Opt out or alternative payment options to bank deposit

Can't run s business waiting 2 days or up to 4 days on weekend snd wars this PAID DAILY LIE u are not paid daily and available funds???? Where can I use this available funds
Message 41 of 152
Latest reply

@akumalabs wrote:
Can't run s business waiting 2 days or up to 4 days on weekend snd wars this PAID DAILY LIE u are not paid daily and available funds???? Where can I use this available funds

You obviously aren't running a real business. If you were you have enough funds to carry a couple of days of postage. The rest is nothing to do with selling on eBay, but your inability to budget.

Are you actually on Managed Payments, or just hypothesising?

Message 42 of 152
Latest reply

I have been watching the fees that are happening with this MP set up and just wondering if anyone else is seeing the same.

1. Final Value Fee taken when item Sold

2. Standard Order Level Fixed Fee taken when item Sold

3. Then there is also a fee for New Activity for each item when sold which is charged at end of month.

Is it me or are these fees over the top??  

And then you have to wait up to 4 days before payments show in bank account, I am not sure if that is even legal to withhold money

that is not theirs??

Message 43 of 152
Latest reply

If you have read through the MP policy then you would have already been informed that what you're seeing and stating in your post is all true apart from your part about it not being legal when it obviously is legal.

Message 44 of 152
Latest reply

And I am pretty sure if things are tight, you can request daily payments when you signed up.

You may have to cover the inital delay, but once you are over that the funds will appear daily in your account.

Not really much different to any BM store that takes CC payments, they are not immediate.

As dave said, you need to budget and plan [something all business owners do if they want to succeed]

Message 45 of 152
Latest reply

Rake, or anyone else, could you please explain what this is:

3. Then there is also a fee for New Activity for each item when sold which is charged at end of month.

Is it in addition to the FVF?  TIA.

Message 46 of 152
Latest reply

I just got off the phone to eBay and yes the New Activity charges are to be paid at the end of the month and the FVF fees and Standard Order Level Fixed Fees are taken when item sold, so there are three types of fees charged (maybe more). The eBay operator could not explain to me what I was being charged for with the New Activity Charges ????

Message 47 of 152
Latest reply

Brillian information, thank you, I guess things will start to collaps, because they have lost sight that their sellers are their most valuable people, without them there is no eBay, what a shame lol.  Just wish I knew how to get a little web site organized, have no idea, but know I will have to make changes, take care everyone 🙂

Message 50 of 152
Latest reply