Ebay postage rate on SMALL satchel

i just packaged two parcels - each in a SMALL satchel (prev 500 gram) - using the Ebay postage system.

One was to Kew Vic and cost $8.65, the other was to country NSW and cost $8.95.

Why the difference?

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Because AP don't discount to rural, so neither do eBay.

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

The price depends on where it is going. They really should stop calling it a flat rate satchel.

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

yes!  I'm in NSW, so one might have thought it would be cheaper to post within NSW, than interstate.

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

This really bugs me, too. I'm in metro Adelaide and like a 20-30 minute drive away from a suburb Aus Post considers "rural", so I pay $8.50 for parcels going there.

But, I can send to metro Perth for $7.25. confused

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

so should I understand that because I'm in country NSW, that no matter where I send, that I'm paying more than a seller in a metro centre?

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

apples and oranges, it doesn't matter what they charge a metro seller, you are not there, Smiley Happy

I recommend using the Aust Post labels these days,  they give better discounts now than ebay, especially if you send 7 parcels a week.

https://auspost.com.au/mypost-business?fm=search-organic:my%20post%20business%20postage%20rates%20gu...

download their "MyPost Business postage rates guide"  pdf and you will have all the information at  your fingertips.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

@jane-de-cluttering wrote:

so should I understand that because I'm in country NSW, that no matter where I send, that I'm paying more than a seller in a metro centre?

It is by destination, as shown by the fact that the one to Melbourne was cheaper.

As curra said, look into MyPost Business. Even their Band 1 discounts are more than eBay ever give.

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

But, I can send to metro Perth for $7.25. confused

Ah Digi, that parcel might even get cross-country trip thrown in as well...........

Adelaide > Brisbane > Darwin > Sydney > Perth...........and back to Adelaide...........original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

Story on ABC last week about Australia Post's higher pricing for rural senders and receivers which raised the point about the Universal Service Obligation of a fair and equitable postal service for everyone.

Australia Post has written to Deputy Nationals Leader David Littleproud saying it will review its pricing structure.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-25/australia-post-reviews-pricing-following-complaints/12503376
Message 10 of 25
Latest reply