Ebay profits from Aus Post greed by default

That's what happens when they create policies of fees on total price. Automatic increase on FVF because Aus Post wants more profit, nothing to do with ebay, it's aus post's fault, try arguing that with someone with half a brain.

Buyers, get ready for a double whammy.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I must only have 1/4. I think some funky deal went down with Australia Post and ebay but I wouldn't class it as greed, charging 10% on handling that they have no part in is. Maybe AusPost get a cut of it or something.  If I was a shareholder I would want to make as much money as possible (by legal and moral means). I would be more concerned with the deals Australia Post are doing with other countries for imports into Australia.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Handy that!

Photobucket
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

I would be more concerned with the deals Australia Post are doing with other countries for imports into Australia.

Unfortunately AP are not required to do any deals as they've already been done for them:

Terminal Dues & Transit Charges

Hint an SDR is about 50-60 cents Au.

Terminal dues are fees paid by the originating country for mail to the receiving country.

These rates are set by the Universal Postal Union which is a UN body.

Although Australia, NZ and Canada reserve the right to vary this rate the option has never been exercised to my knowledge.

The terminal dues rates set out on the linked spreadsheets are the main reason we pay so much for local parcel post.

We subsidise the sender.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

That may be the case but I am fairly sure they are doing back room deals with china, redirecting mail as though it came from Australia. I think they are also prioritisinng it to create more throughput.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

and this is at the expense of Australia customers. When mail deliveries started they made big money but for some reason Australia Post cries poor becuase no one sends letters, maybe trim the fat a little.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply