Ebay removes all negetive feedback for some sellers?

Been watching a few sellers feedback for a while now. I do not know how they do it but all negative feedback just disappears. The revised feedback count never changes, so they are not mutual buyer/selling feedback removal

One seller in particular maintains about 99.8% positive. They have had well over 100 negatives disappear in the last year. More than 2 each week. Their true rating should be about 70% and removed from selling on ebay. They also get away with posting their contact information

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Sorry  - but that post won't last as long as it took the feedback to be removed.

Remember - no naming & shaming. 

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

That seller also is indeed showing Revised Feedback - 130 of them

The buyers were perhaps leaving false or rude feedback, or the seller could prove that they

were serial neggers.

Also as a high volume seller with immense amounts of Positive it is not hard to see when neg has been left as a communication tool, rather than communicating with a seller first, which is how it should be done.

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

Buyers are not allowed to mention disputes either in the fb, which is something many do when they are angry, probably without even knowing it is against eBay rules to mention disputes in the fb, but sellers who know can have such fb removed.

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

They had 130 revised feedbacks 1 year ago. It never changes

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

All  you can do is report the seller for the Private Info posted in thier ad's I guess.

Have you seriously been observing this seller for 12 months ?

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

4 NEGS  and  25 NEUTRALS  in the last 12 months,  somewhat counteracts your arguement.

Why have you been monitoring this member for 12 months,  seems you may have some sort of grudge

and I am left wondering if you left them feedback that was removed.

There are a number of quite specific reasons that  FB can be removed, and all sellers should be aware of them

and request inappropriate FB be removed.

Maybe instead of monitoring the seller for the last twelve months, you should have spent some of your time

researching defamation proceedings in Australia.

Hope you get to read before your post is removed.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

If the seller offers Free Returns and the buyer has not contacted the seller before feedback is left, it is relatively easy to have the feedback removed. The negs still showing are ones that can't be removed by having Free Returns. They reference the sellers communication or lack of otherwise they too would be removed.

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

Seems to me feedback is to influencial in affecting commercial favour ,and so Ebay and members err on the positive or exclude useful comments detail

Considering transactions ( including my own sometimes less than perfect efforts at Selling ) seems to me that maybe traditional cosy feedback would be made more pertinent  to include provision for pitpicking comments - comments which may or may not be important or even an issue to most members but of personal concern for the Buyer/Seller, and yet not critical enough to justify inclusion in image destroying negative feedback or even in feedback comments with positive 5 star feedback

This additional field may only be read by the other party

ie feedback maybe : all 5 star  Well packaged , quickly sent , unexpected tracking appreciated

the Buyer/Seller comment might be :  be useful due to bulk deliveries that sender details are clearly noted on package

This may enable fine tuning of individual Seller/Buyer transaction protocals without fear of censure

This may reduce the need to amend negative feedback

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

@scottaust wrote:

Been watching a few sellers feedback for a while now. I do not know how they do it but all negative feedback just disappears. The revised feedback count never changes, so they are not mutual buyer/selling feedback removal

One seller in particular maintains about 99.8% positive. They have had well over 100 negatives disappear in the last year. More than 2 each week. Their true rating should be about 70% and removed from selling on ebay. They also get away with posting their contact information

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear what you say! Sadly, some buyers now will not have that warning and could fall into the same trap that others have.

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply