Ebay returning private seller - what a waste of time

I want to agree with others on this forum that state the current eBay set up is to say the least pathetic, the fees are astronomical, the so called help is a joke and the hearding of sellers into this "Managed Payment Option" is also a patent attempt to have it all with no benefit to sellers, even though I believe they own PAYPAL as well. 

I have withdrawn my items from sale and am in the process of closing my seller account after 16 years and 100% positive feedback.

I no longer want to part of what was a relatively easy and inexpensive way to sell unwanted or surplus items as a private seller. Its now very expensive (greed), overly complicated and non user friendly.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

eBay sold Paypal in 2015 and the contract with Paypal for sellers ends this year.

You do not have to sign up for Managed Payments, but you will be unable to sell here if you don't comply.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Yes same here. I've been with this company since they started in US. Fees got high when they increased to 12% but now I pay 18+ percent fees. They've crossed the line of tolerance.

Off course to go along with this, I've been heavily increasing prices of my items and so has everyone else but this results in buyer's turnoff, less sales. Even a lot of my friends don't shop on here anymore because it's expensive, it's much cheaper in brick and mortar now. I don't know what E bay thinks they're doing but future doesn't look good for them. Just to think I was going to start full time business on this site, glad I had the foresight and knew what's coming.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

If you're selling low quantities of items, Gumtree or FB might serve you better.  Ebay is moving away from that market.

Sellers with wide product ranges and thousands of listings rely on API to manage listings and inventory, and Gumtree and FB offer zero to these sellers.  Ebay still represents the best (perhaps only) channel for larger sellers.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

p9games

If you are right then let FB tell me and others like me that is what they are doing, straight up. 

Every time I sought assistance from FB they told me they very much valued sellers like me and didn't want to loose me as a seller.

Regards

blacksmithcd

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply