Ebay's Account Summary Is As Clear As Mud And Equally As Confusing.

Why is it not possible to get the real-time status of your account summary, including active final value fees and any Ebay credits owing for that particular billing period, meaning you know exactly where you stand in regards to what you owe, or are owed?

I posed this question to a customer service rep via telephone converstion yesterday, and after about three quarters of an hour going round and round on an endless loop of pre-scripted babble, walked away slightly dummer than when I began the conversation.

E.g - I payed in full last months bill, which as you would imagine, would bring me to a $0.00 balance ready to start Nov's billing period afresh. But NO, because I cancelled two postage labels in Oct (still to be reimbursed), this meant that I started Nov's billing cycle with a negative $20 amount.

ON A SIDE NOTE: Evidently it can take Ebay upwards of 25 days to credit a postage cancellation back into your account...yawn.

So this meant that on top of my currently accrued final value fees for this month (Nov), I also have this phantom $20 amount, and yet a $0.00 balance showing up in a nice shade of red in my account summary.

Long story short, I made a one time payment yesterday in an effort to try an gain some clarity within my summary, and low and behold, on top of my current final value fees accrued thus far, I was also charged an extra $20. The $20 they owe me! 

How hard would it be to show credits owing in green, outstanding amounts to be payed in red, and an overall real-time account balance so you know EXACTLY where you stand?

Too hard obviously.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

It takes time to credit back the postage as they need to allow time as proof they were not in fact used.

It is $20 bucks not sheep stations sorry get over it and any credit will show on your next invoice from them

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

The amount in question is of little real importance, accept to highlight an added layer of confusion when attempting to dicyper Ebay's crptic account summary.

For the record, the two canceled postage labels only came to a little over $15, and yet here I am with a random $20 negative amount being carried over into my new billing cycle.

I don't think a concise, tranparent, easily understood, real-time account summary is too much to ask, considering how hard Ebay likes to bend it's sellers over with literally every sale we make.

I'll 'get over it' when, and if they ever manage to address this issue, thanks very much.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

You are the first seller I have seen on the boards complaining about lack of transparency in their ebay invoice.

Usually once it has been explained where to find a breakdown of the charges on an invoice they are happy as everything is clearly listed.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I don't have any problem with mine.

It takes a day, usually, for postage charges to appear, but apart from that everything is there.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Well, at the end of the day, I wouldn't be on here 'complaining' if I didn't have a valid issue.

This is the current transparency level of my account summary [pic related].

Thanks for the input.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Are you complaining about the balance being temporarily unavailable?  Apart from that everything looks straight forward.

How long has it been showing like that?  Have you tried accessing your account several times to see it it is temporary?

At some time or other most of my online accounts have had a glitch like that....my bank regularly notifies me that my accounts will be unavailable between xxx and xxx.

Knowing how bad the ebay glitches are at present it could well be connected to the overall running of ebay.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

'Account balance unavailable' happens every month at invoice time, for a day or so.

The way around it is to click on 'All Account Activity' and the balance will appear. Or at least what the current invoice will be.

Probably not what the OP was after, but it has been that way for years and is unlikely to change. The other option is to wait until tomorrow - the invoice isn't due until about the 27th, so it's no biggie.

There are far more pressing issues I'd vote for eBay to fix. Although, as it isn't broken it could be near the top of the list.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for the explanation Dave.

Not being a seller I was just making a stab in the dark....using commonsense if you like.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply