Ebay sales Dropped ....Why so Slow?

Worth reading.... my sales have nearly stopped the last 2 to 3 weeks.

Last Christmas I was flat out. Ended all my Christmas items this year as hardly any are selling.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/A-Part-time-eBay-Sellers-Group/Ebay-sales-Dropped-Why-so-Slow/td-p/1511...

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

My stores are pretty slow, but the 150 free auctions on the private account had a suprising amount of interest. I really only listed pretty ordinary items as I didnt want to sell good stuff cheap at this time of the year, but they have well and truly been worth the effort. I just need to put some time into the stores now and get them cranking. January has been extremly good in the stores the last couple of years.

As for buying, I have found ebay and Australia post have just priced themselves out of the market with constant price rises, FVF on postage etc.. My 12 month ebay purchases are around 290. My purchases this month, around 5. Its all just got too expensive. I can buy stuff a lot cheaper elsewhere. I did my regular ebay searches last night of around 2000 items. I dont think any went into my watch list, as they where all too dear or just plain boring. ( nothing rare or interesting. ) If i,m finding this, its likely many others are doing the same. VERY SAD REALLY.

Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

@4green2000 wrote:

@aps1080 wrote:

4Green

Where did you find the

"Another was a eneloop charger and 4 eneloop batteries for $14.95 online" ?

I think I paid $23 delivered or something like that from ebay. and $15 for just 4 x AA Eneloops.

And I do search widely before buying but never seen them that low.

Yes $14.95 at dick smith online store which was for this price for 3 days last week.I bought 4 sets.

picked them up at my local store after buying them or i could have them delivered here at my door for $4.95 for the 4 sets.

As i said it was a charger PLUS 4 AA eneloop batts X4 sets....PS..overnight charger and the batts were 4th generation panasonic.

They also had chocolate eneloops aa or aaa for $19.00 for 8 batts.

Actually they were $17.95 for 8 batteries not $19.00.

And i still buy stuff via ebay and i also sell (other ebay accounts) but sales have for me,dropped by 50% in the last few months..

Message 22 of 31
Latest reply

4green

Damn, I missed it and I had been waiting a while for that type of deal to come up again.

Thanks anyway.

Just noticed your 2nd post. That is pretty good price for the 8 Chocolats.

I also need some more AAA as well as AA.

They are damn good batteries, it's nice to know when you go back to your torch or whatever that

the thing is going to turn on and work.

I purchased about 3 packs on ebay and struck up a conversation with one seller - who also said sales were slow

- and then the next time I just emailed her and told her what I wanted and that was that, done.

I like the Tropicals !!! Smiley LOL

(The different colours allow me to batch the batteries into sets !)

Message 23 of 31
Latest reply

@ aps..Do what i do,every now and then do a "price find,price compare" ,thats how i found it.

DS aint the cheapest around but every now and then they really have some great prices.Not just them but other stores have great specials too. Mmmm,might just go do a search now Smiley Wink

PS..eneloops are the best recharge type i found.I have the plain white ones and chocs in aa and aaa.

Great for cameras and torches like my lenser torches in which i have 7 off...Yer,i love torches haha..Smiley Frustrated...

Was thinking of the tropicals but gee i have maybe 25 eneloop aa and i think 30 aaa or the other way round..

Message 24 of 31
Latest reply

4green

How do you do "price find,price compare" ????

Are you talking in Google ?

I am a bit of a torch guy as well but not into the expensive one's.

Have recently been buying one off's from China, trying to find a good cheap torch

which I can then buy multiple of.

I have 20 AA and 16 AAA, I need to double that !!!

Message 25 of 31
Latest reply

@aps1080 wrote:

4green

How do you do "price find,price compare" ????

Are you talking in Google ?

I am a bit of a torch guy as well but not into the expensive one's.

Have recently been buying one off's from China, trying to find a good cheap torch

which I can then buy multiple of.

I have 20 AA and 16 AAA, I need to double that !!!

check your messages.i just sent you a PM..

Message 26 of 31
Latest reply

@fitnessaustralia2015 wrote:

I sell hard to get Nike shoes which are always in demand, but not even any questions or offers this week.

Hope it picks up for you

Message 27 of 31
Latest reply

Interestingly, since the election was called in Vic, it went very quiet in the shops.

Then it picked up for a week or two afterwards.

Then dead quiet since.

Just thought I'd pass that on.

Message 28 of 31
Latest reply

I've had a fantastic last week or so. One buyer has been buying up big and have had a couple of other single purchases. I don't expect it to last though, but I'm enjoying it while it does last!!

It's funny how I've had the same dozen or so items relist, after relist, after relist, for MONTHS and now one person has swooped on the lot. Persistance pays off!

Message 29 of 31
Latest reply

My sales have been slow for the last week or so, this is off the back of a couple of good weeks. Whenever my sales slow down I will start to sell items that I haven't sold for months and my regular good selling items seem to disappear (bar a few).

Message 30 of 31
Latest reply