Ebay says my listings are 'missing important details'

I’m currently a store owner and have been happily selling on Ebay for the last 10 months or so – with the assistance of kind people in this group.

For the last couple of months I’ve been getting requests from Ebay to update my listings and I eventually got around to the tedious job of populating all the fields which are now a ‘requirement’.

But today I got another email saying they notice my listings are still missing important details.  When I opened the ‘bulk editing tool’ attachment it would seem that all of those listings which I had not previously updated (because there was no field that required that) are now listed as requiring editing in terms of my postage, returns & payment policies.

But when I actually looked at the individual listings this information is all correctly recorded & shown. 

Why do I have to edit it (which simply entails opening, looking, doing nothing & then saving)?  Am I doing this correctly?  Why were my default settings changed, if indeed they were?  Does this mean buyers would not have had this vital information? 

I have noticed my sales have dropped away a lot over the last month or so but just supposed these things go in cycles.  Would all this have been the case if I had not opened a store?

I have left one listing (dilly bag) unchanged if anyone wants to check and see what if anything is wrong with it.

As always, will appreciate your insights.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

is it about 'brand'?
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I'm still getting email requests too 😞
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks Twyngwyn, but the point of my rambling message was about why did I need to update my postage, returns & payment policies.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I have been getting these messages since forever (or so it feels like it!!).

Like you, I have oped everything up and checked my listings to see if anything was missing.

Result -  Nope, nothing missing at all.

I just ignore the messages now.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply