Whats wrong with New Zealand Post !

I send items (transfers for models ) Standard  Air mail letter rate  to the UK and NZ regularly  .  I continulay get stuffed around by delivery time to New Zealand taking upto 4 weeks !  My customers open INR's and i resend the items only to find out  that inital  item has turn up 3-4 weeks later . I have made several complaints to the post office with no resolution only suggesting that i should post as a tracked item . (which is not an option as postage would cost more than the item and i would be uncompetitive) Aus post says 7- 10 delivery days for an airmail  letter

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

honestly don't think even tracking the item would help anyway, if going buy my experience anyway.....I paid extra for a parcel to be posted & tracked and signature on delivery too paying $27.00 or thereabouts....told would take 5 working days. Nope, still nothing and it appears it never entered NZ according to NZ Post but ask Aussie Post and they say they sent to NZ.....dispute has been lodged where I was told wait 10 daysfor reply, then on 10th day I got another update to say has been sent for further investigation with the o'sea team and will get a reply within 60days......not holding my breath that's for sure.

Keep in mind to, with mail prices changign it will cost extra to send just a letter now to NZ from30th Sept too 🙂

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

You will probably have to include a strong message in your listings about the length of time it takes for delivery. ie in BIG LETTERS & BOLD & underlined. 

Also change your handling time to longer & that will also give you a bit of breathing space.

We use 3 days, although always posted earlier than 3 days.   

Or, bulk up your listings with multiples, eg 10 in the pack/listing so that it would make it worthwhile to send via tracking options.

If their service is so bad then you might have to either stop selling these particular items or get smarter with your listings.

Very difficult when these sort of problems arise that are out of your control, someone else might come along with another idea for you.

Good Luck

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Me to ! I been having this problem for a few years both to and from New Zealand .I used to sell on NZ Trade Me but gave it away as far too may items went missing . Just lost one DVD sent to a PO box on the 5th August (missing item case opened buy buyer) and have another NZ order today so not sure if i should cancel the sale. I was told in some parts of NZ they only have deliveries twice a week BTW mail deliveries to Canada are not too flash either

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

A couple of months ago, NZ customs changed to treat all inbound packages as commercial shipments - when you fill out the CN22 or CN23 form, make sure to put in the country of origin for the contents (you don't need to enter the traiff numbers, I send through DHL and adding the country of origin was the only change they asked me to make).

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

and some parts (eg: Queenstown) have a Sat delivery day......so one would think they would get it right with an extra day and all.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Sounds like what was happening back around Jan to Feb this year.  I was sending parcels to NZ (and North America) and it was taking up to 2 months for them to arrive.  It was driving me crazy and was very depressing with all the queries from buyers, but luckily the buyers were understanding and could see from my feedback that I do not mess people around.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply