Ebay verses a website?

I am seriously considering getting my own website due to the cost of ebay, and their policies which is costing me money, time and stress.

Before I jump into the deep end, I would like to know if there are other small to medium size ebay sellers who have their own website and are doing quite well.

My worries are: Are the websites getting the traffic through like ebay does?  Many of buyers only shop on ebay, haven't heard of other sites such as bEtsy, or selling on facebook. I won't go near Gumtree, as that is a time waster.

I know it takes time to build up the traffic, and it's all about marketing.  I have gone to website designers, and all of them say, that you shouldn't leave ebay all together.

I would love to hear from sellers who sell on both, ebay and a website.

Happy New Year!

New beginings for 2015

Retrovintage

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Ebay verses a website?

you might want to buy vintagecollectables .com.au as its available. retrovintagecollectables.com.au isnt or have you bought that one?!

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

Ebay verses a website?

I have bought retrovintagecollectables.com.au

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

Ebay verses a website?

Retro try different combinations in facebook search and whole host of groups come up

a couple of groups are love of vintage antiques & collectables and anything glass

if you go to an australian group page, even if you don't request to join, on facebook down the right hand side (facing you) are similar suggested groups that may have relevance too !!  I have used this to find a heap of groups that I never would have found in the limited facebook search function.

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

Ebay verses a website?

Thanks for that, i will have a look tonight and see what I can find.
Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

Ebay verses a website?

thank you for all your info, yes I found some clubs.

I haven't listed anything yet, I feel I need to be available as soon as you post items, so I will do it on my days off.

I will let you know how it goes

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply