Ebays policy violations

Wondering why Ebay never seems to follow up on the own policy violation rules....I sell fishing gear on Ebay i discribe my items factual ..Yet 80% of listers is this category are in violation of key word spamming and browser manipulation ,,Eg....$2.00 junk lure or soft plastic....Discription...fitted with owner or vmc hooks to suit Shimano, daiwa, penn.....to suit shimano , daiwa what????..or another one of there favs is ..like Jackall or like megabass lures...sorry to say but a $2.00 lure from china is nothing like a Jackall or Megbass lure....yet Ebay state if the names used in Discription are not by the manufacturer of the item being sold its misusing a brand name so why are they allowed to get away with this time after time....

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Ebays policy violations

Maybe i'm incorrect in my original post..but to me that is blatant key word spamming , reported at least 5 times in 2 weeks..yet no response from ebay within 2 week let alone 24 hours as they claim, i can only assume there is a reason for this..

Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

Ebays policy violations

That my well be . but the fact remains a violation is a violation regardless of who reports it..

Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

Ebays policy violations

That my well be . but the fact remains a violation is a violation regardless of who reports it..

I agree, but then again I'm not eBay.

Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

Ebays policy violations

I've reported a seller for item misrepresentation until my fingers were worn out.

No response, or curtailment of their listings.

I suppose that an anchor store, which only generates money for eBay on sales, might get preferential treatment.

That doesn't give you the right to tar all sellers with the shonk brush.

Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

Ebays policy violations

Well guys here is a tip to get away with browse manipulation..Talked to Ebay live chat this morning..Now because the said offender has skillfully worded the listing with the one word "FOR" use on Shimano Daiwa this is permitted..so any listings you may post with the word 'FOR" is permitted no matter how much you key word spam after this word....Go figure...

Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

Ebays policy violations

Ma. Theresa V. 02:49:51 
This is due to the compatibility term "for."Though the item is not the brand itself, since it fits for the brands mentioned on the listings, it still qualifies to be listed with the brand name on its title. 

Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

Ebays policy violations

Leaves the Gate wide open....

Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

Ebays policy violations

karma4dolls
Community Member

Yes I was told that such violations being carreid out are only from community members dobbing in.

Message 18 of 27
Latest reply

Ebays policy violations

Depends on which ebay rep you talk to.  I've been told it's because my listings were reported by another member, and I've also been told that ebay do random searches in some categories - believe what you will:|

Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

Ebays policy violations

I often troll ebay for those who deliberately mislead eBay buyers and report them to eBay. Some have been removed but others seem to remain up (mostly those within 48 hours of ending, thus eBay gets paid for the sale)

Two days ago I reported a seller for advertising many of the following - 2011 Australian Koala 1oz 999 Fine Silver Bullion COIN 36mm diameter

It is infact a Silver Layered coin and this information did nor appear in either the title or desciption. Today the following clarification has been added at the bottom of the item description, and I mean at the bottom. You would have to scroll past all the shipping and postal details before you saw the following - " ***Please note***This is a Replica ART BAR

Is it too much to ask for eBay to ensure all obvious misleading or false items be removed as punishment for violating eBay policy.

I keep waiting for eBay to take this matter as serious as we sellers do. 

Lance.

Message 20 of 27
Latest reply