Effective immediately, your ability to list new items has been interrupted. To continue listing ...

I was attemtping to list an item when I got this message:

'Effective immediately, your ability to list new items has been interrupted. To continue listing on eBay, please register now at ebay.com/startpayments.{e72478-1134536x}'

So I went to the link and attempted to register. I was only able to 'express interest'... no idea what this is all about and why I'm not able to list any more.

Anyone else copping this?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Effective immediately, your ability to list new items has been interrupted. To continue listing

I wish I was stuck in the dark ages...
Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Re: Effective immediately, your ability to list new items has been interrupted. To continue listing

I guess you prefer the stone age. Enjoy.

Anyway, turns out it's a technical glitch. I'm not even eligible for managed payments yet. No fault of my own, for those who are gleefully dancing around and pointing the finger.

Last time I ever come here for "help", always the same one or two jesters who've been on here 24/7 for the past 20 years : )

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

I just got this message when trying to list a new item. I already expressed my interest to join Managed Payment back in Feb, but have heard nothing back. Just did the Express Interest again. Now what?

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

And I've never received an Ebay email or message about doing this at all.
Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

You will be sent an email giving you a date to register by. Once you register, you will be given a date when you will be transitioned to MP.

Until then, it is business as usual.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

You'd think they'd ask me to move to MP first, before just blocking me from listing out of the blue.
Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

@jillari wrote:

Now what?

I'm assuming kustom was able to get CS to resolve it (hard to say for sure, as the source of the problem was posted, but not if or how it was resolved), but if my assumption is correct, it was likely either through the have us call you or chat function, which can be accessed in the first link I posted. 

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

I think I've solved the problem. I am in Australia but my account was originally set up back on USA Ebay like 30 yrs ago.

A very nice man on the callback line (above link) has now moved me officially to Australia Ebay.

I am still not eligible to be moved to MP yet, so Paypal are stuck with me a while long, but I can expect the 'email' sometime in the future.
Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

@jillari wrote:
I think I've solved the problem. I am in Australia but my account was originally set up back on USA Ebay like 30 yrs ago.

A very nice man on the callback line (above link) has now moved me officially to Australia Ebay.

I am still not eligible to be moved to MP yet, so Paypal are stuck with me a while long, but I can expect the 'email' sometime in the future.

I'm sorry but you've been on AU ebay since 1999 that's 22 years ago so I don't see that as any kind of a problem.

And it's not about being eligible it's about receiving the nod from ebay for you to register for MP.

Everyone will get their notice when to eventually register and in turn ebay will notify them if and when they have been accepted.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply