Empty box dispute

Any advice ? I received my first empty box dispute. Sent 3 pairs of shoes and the buyer claims they received 2 pairs and 1 empty box. Certianly was not sent that way. I do have a postage receipt that confirms a 1 to 2kg package. 2 of these items and an empty box would be less than 1kg. Also this dispute was started 17 days after the package was delivered. But ebay say they have 30 days. That seems odd in the case of a missing item empty box case

I have reported to ebay but they say they have to speak to both parties. Meantime they have also left feedback saying they received an empty box which annoys me further

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Empty box dispute

The buyers husband rang today to explain he took one of the shoes without telling his wife. So they closed the dispute thankfully. Annoying but I am glad they were ultimatley honest about it..

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

Do you really believe that story?

I suspect they may have had second thoughts, especially if they have read the boards at all.  They may realise they were open to being reported to ACORN and charged with fraud.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Hard to say.... But happy with the result anyhow. Now just have to see if I can get the feedback removed....??

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

That should not be too hard but it would have been easier if they had sent a message that ebay could read rather than phoning you.

Good luck anyway.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

Yes the feedback has been removed after I requested it to be by ebay. Alot of mucking about but all sorted at least...

Thanks everyone for the input !

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

@starwood2111 wrote:

The buyers husband rang today to explain he took one of the shoes without telling his wife. So they closed the dispute thankfully. Annoying but I am glad they were ultimatley honest about it..

I'm with lyndal in thinking they are making an excuse to let them back out of the dispute.

Think about it, they opened the case 17 days after receiving the shoes!

1 day, sure

3 days, maybe

17 days, highly unlikely

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Yes I agree. Does not make sense. She even said she complained to the post office about it. So why wait 17 days to tell me....
Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

But I must say the eBay concierge is pretty good to deal with. I mostly get satisfaction
Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

My thoughts exactly Lyndal. Before all parcels had tracking if a buyer said an item hadn't arrived I uused too send them a very friendly message apologising profusely and askinng them to give it another week after which I would instigate an investigation with AP who may require them to provide a Stat Dec confirming they had not received the item.  Inn a high number of cases the parcel mysteriously arrived the next day or a neighbour suddenly produced it as it had been delivered in error, no wonder the price of bacon is going up the number of pigs flying around!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

I had the exact same thing happen, sent a game which was lost in transit and well over a week late, notified Australia Post and the very next day after my AP case was brought up it magically appeared at the buyer's address as delivered!
Message 20 of 20
Latest reply