End of the road for small sellers!

Don't you love the ads on the radio for ebay. The big brands are on line, JB-HIFI, Harvey Norman, big W.?

How much longer do we have, before we get kicked off the site to make room for these gigantic corporate institutions? 

It’s all over Facebook too!

I see long time sellers with great customer service, excellent feedback being terminated.  Hmmm , what to do!

All I know is I am going to plug my shop before time is up, so people locally and around Australia can find me, and hope  that someone designs an amazing site where we can then sell again

I agree with other small sellers, saying that they are not getting the traffic. I believe we have limits on site traffic and for the past two months, store subscriptions are not getting the bonus listings.

Yes, I can hear some of you say, you shouldn’t expect the free listings, but again the more you sell, the more ebay profits from it. 

Tick, tick tick, times nearly up!

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Yep, sad fact is a lot of small sellers stopped selling, and im seeing more drop out.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

small sellers should also be more customer friendly when a buyer has a problem they just put it in the too  hard basket   and if you read some of the posts here they think once they put your package in a red box there job is done   or i will send it out on wedneday ,a magor store will follow it up if the customer has not got there  article ,

my son brought a new vw car today  they made him a king for an hour they even had a bow on the car they explained every nook and crany about the car  now that was service.

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

@bakeandfry wrote:
Yep, sad fact is a lot of small sellers stopped selling, and im seeing more drop out.

The really sad part is, most small sellers are also buyers, spending the money from their own sales with other ebayers big and small. Every seller that leaves is also at least one less buyer. ( and often two or three buyers in a family, with one selling account. )

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

Sorry, I think you are totally wrong.  Seller's with excellent feedback bend over backwards to get that positive comments.  Ebay should give the sellers with high rating of positive feedback and great customer service a break.  Where does ebay get off charging 10% of postage costs, yet there is 100 % money back guarantee for the item and postage if lost in transit or damaged. Ebay does not refund the percentage they took to post the item.  They take no responsibility for the item once it has left the sellers hands.

Big corporations treat you as a number.  They think consumers are stupid, and are sheep.  So you have had excellent customer service at all the places listed above.  I certainly haven't.  JBHI and big W.  Now you’re talking about VW. Of course they are going to treat your son like a King.  Where is going to service his car?  Make him feel great, and they will hit him with service costs.  

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

small sellers should also be more customer friendly when a buyer has a problem they just put it in the too  hard basket   and if you read some of the posts here they think once they put your package in a red box there job is done   or i will send it out on wedneday ,a magor store will follow it up if the customer has not got there  article ,

my son brought a new vw car today  they made him a king for an hour they even had a bow on the car they explained every nook and crany about the car  now that was service.

Until its out of the forecourt. Try returning it then.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

What is the appeal of Ebay to the big stores? they already have their websites and people know they exist and can find them. all they will do is use Ebay as another marketing catalogue. Folks will check their Ebay store then go to B & M and touchy feel and pick it up.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

Jeez, generalising much? In the last 12 months you've barely made a dozen purchases so you'll forgive me if I don't take your experience (or lack thereof) as much of an an indication as to how most seller treat their buyers. With the exception of a couple of dodgy Chinese scammers, I've had no issues whatsoever with any of my last 150 or so purchases and there's not a single one I wouldn't buy from again, and I treat all of my own customers the same way I would like to be treated. No exceptions.

As far as your son is concerned, after spending around $25k-$30k on a brand new car, so they should treat him like royalty until he walks out the door. However, the true test of their customer service will come when he takes it back to the dealer if he has a problem with it. Until then, you have absolutely no idea what that VW dealer is really like.

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

,a magor store will follow it up if the customer has not got there  article ,

A major store on ebay will not follow anything up.

Just before Christmas there was a 20% discount offer involving The Good Guys.  I bought 2 items and selected local pickup from a store near where I lived.

After a week of hearing nothing (I was to get an email when the items were available to be collected) my husband called into the store.

One item was in stock and available but the other was not in stock.  I was annoyed as the listing stated that the item was in stock and ready for delivery/pickup.

I elected to wait till it was back in stock.  Three weeks later I had heard nothing so sent a message through ebay messages.

I had a phone call from the store where I was to pick up the item telling me that the item is no longer stocked in NSW and offering me a different brand at less than half the price of the original item.

I spent 2 days arguing with them and finally reached an agreement that they would get one from Queensland but I had to pay the $25 delivery charge.  I was not prepared to pay more than the $10 delivery that I would have paid if I had elected to have it delivered in the first place.

Finally I received my 2nd item nearly 7 weeks after it was paid for.....and only then because I kept following it up.

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

@In the industry the bow and cooing upon delivery is called PTD an acronym which when broken down reads thus pull their @@@@@

...ring them in two weeks and VW will struggle to remember his name....

I think that you are mistaking delivery service with delivery charade....rather than service it is a ploy which is designed

to provide great word of mouth advertising... the essence of great service can only be judged much further down the

track. Whether you realize it or not your son paid handsomely for the bow and the coos and being "King for an hour"

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 10 of 25
Latest reply