Error: - Buyers love large photos that clearly show the item, so please upload high-resolution photo

Hi

I am righteously peeved right now

I carry an inventory of about 4000 items and use turbo lister on a daily basis

I take high resolution photos.

Now I am receiveing the following error when I want to relist ended items

"Error: - Buyers love large photos that clearly show the item, so please upload high-resolution photos that are at least 500 pixels on the longest side."

Since this error applies to approximately half of my listings it means I am now faced with the task of taking and uploading 2000 photos!

And if that wasnt bad enough, I suspect it was turbo lister which reduced the size of my photos in the first place!

Surely there is a workaround for this, or ebay could just allow items which dont meet their ridiculous new standards to at least be re;listed until sold.

I just dont have the time to take 2000 new photos.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Error: - Buyers love large photos that clearly show the item, so please upload high-resolution photo

well, they have been telling us about this for a few months now.

it seems that you just might have to make the time.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

I agree with you about ridiculous photo sizing.

I am currently selling some items with about a 1.2cm head.

I am taking as high a resolutin as my camera allows and it is telling me my photos are not big enough.

They clearly show the condition of the item  but the only way I can find is to have a lot of wasted space around them to get the size of the picture  but the itemis shown smaller.

Wasting a lot of my time now as well.

It is also using up more of my data allowance so thanks Ebay for increasing the cost of listing on Ebay.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Every pic I have ever uploaded through TL has been at original resolution. Which is always 500px+.

How long since you last updated TL? I find daily to be a good idea.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Turbo lister is a joke. It still has bugs in it that have been there for more than a year. For instance when you select "upload all" you get a dialog box that says some nonesense about "picture pack" - so you have to 'slect all' then 'upload selected'

that is just one bug that come to mind. it is also a horrioble memory leak, i need to delete my database at least one a weekly basis or it will sometimes take 10 minutes to respond to any command. A joke I say.

As for this minimum picture size nonsense, how exactly do you take photos of tiny objects or small details if it wont let you upload them

One blanket rule fits all. NOT.

Just another case of ebay treating its customers with contempt.

I have spent all day today re-doing work that I've already done, and so far have only managed to get through 80 listings out of about 2000.

I am so over this ts not funny.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

The picture pack used to be an option that attracted a cost for non-store holders. Now it no longer applies.

If, like me, your templates were created prior to this, then they include the picture pack. Which no longer exists, so you get the warning. So it's not exactly a TL bug, but a template bug. We could always recreate our templates - I prefer to just click okay, then my uploads continue.

As far as pictures of small objects goes, you might have to increase the size to meet the minimum. If they are reasonably high quality, you shouldn't lose too much resolution.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

We were informed of this months back. It's a daunting task having to redo all pictures photos I know but I have doing 10 or 20 at a time. I still have plenty to go.
Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Thanks for the replies, but the problem remains, and my biggest gripe is that it was ebay who cause my photos to be resized in the forst place. Whetherturbo lister or the ebay servers are responsible I dont know, all I know is I take good hi res images and crop them in photoshop, usually to a minimum of 1600 x 1600

It certainly wasnt me who resized them to 400 x 400, but now it falls to me to update all the photos.

I would have thought that ebay would allow the old listings to continue until sold

May I direct your attention to this article 

With particular attention to this paragraph. I could not have put it better myself:

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/letters/blog.pl?/pl/2013/6/1370141763.html

"There is one simple answer to all of these questions.... the people running eBay have no experience buying or selling on eBay and do not care how much additional work they create for sellers who are just trying to succeed. With no hands on experience with eBay's inner workings, these neophyte managers create new policies for sellers to adhere to without fully understanding the internal workings of eBay's arcane infrastructure."

Cheers

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

@soundsugly wrote:

Thanks for the replies, but the problem remains, and my biggest gripe is that it was ebay who cause my photos to be resized in the forst place. Whetherturbo lister or the ebay servers are responsible I dont know, all I know is I take good hi res images and crop them in photoshop, usually to a minimum of 1600 x 1600

It certainly wasnt me who resized them to 400 x 400, but now it falls to me to update all the photos.

I would have thought that ebay would allow the old listings to continue until sold

May I direct your attention to this article 

With particular attention to this paragraph. I could not have put it better myself:

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/letters/blog.pl?/pl/2013/6/1370141763.html

"There is one simple answer to all of these questions.... the people running eBay have no experience buying or selling on eBay and do not care how much additional work they create for sellers who are just trying to succeed. With no hands on experience with eBay's inner workings, these neophyte managers create new policies for sellers to adhere to without fully understanding the internal workings of eBay's arcane infrastructure."

Cheers

ssig_yeahthat_100-100.gif

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

I have been gradually re-photographing a lot of my inventory for several months and am nearly finished, not because of the size issue, but because you can no longer have writing on a photograph. So sorry to all my customers who only needed to look at one picture to choose the colour, now they will all have to look through the photos on my variant listings to check the colours before buying.

On the size issue. In my view it is important to keep camera backups - what I mean is keeping a full size large format version of  every photo I use on  ebay. Then if anything goes wrong, just go to the backup and there is the picture just needing to be edited and uploaded. This has been my practice for a long time and it has saved me a lot of heart ache, not only here on ebay but on my website and other selling sites as well. I keep a separate hard drive just for that purpose. I created a filing system which allows me to find a product photograph quickly and efficiently.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply