Extremly Poor Sales & Worseing why?

What is go Try sell vey good condition Cd's & Extremly  Good Condition Dvd's At Low prices But Getting Less & Less wathchers & Very low amount buyers

I do say I will combine postage as low as possible & I have postage Feedback of 438  (Should be well above 700 if all left feedback) 

Are Dvd & Cd's just dont sell anymore?

I feel just as well through them in bin and give it away 

I am lucky sell couple items month.   goes from 10 down about 2 now in month

D'oh
Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Extremly Poor Sales & Worseing why?

blu rsay has replaced dvds im selling alot of my dvds on ebay now because i have them on blu ray basically it sa bit like VHS   technology has moved on 

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

540 Feedback left

You have only left 540 feedback so why should yours be 700+?

Any purchases from the same buyer in a 7 days period will only show as 1 feedback on the total even if they leave 7 from purchases made in 1 week.

FB is voluntary anyway so do not worry about that..

It is not just ebay sales that have dropped real shops are struggling as well.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

As more and more people start watching films by downloading them sales of hard copies will get less and less, Soon the B&M stores will be selling off ordinary DVDs at knock down prices and the market for second hand will disappear.........for a while then once the shops have pretty well sold out of old stock those who like a hard copy will come back to ebay.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

I have looked at your CDs and noticed two things.  Firstly your postage seems excessive for a single CD compared to your competition (although your combined postage is a good deal), and secondly the titles you are selling are not ones (from my experience) that will sell for much, if at all.  CD sales have generally declined over the last few years and these days you need to know what will sell and what will not. 

My local Cash Converters are now selling DVDs for $2 and they are flooded with them.  Not sure there is any market left.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

most people buy music online now rather nthen cds i buy all my music from itunes or stream it on spotify

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

CDs are old most use MP3 players now so much smaller and hold so much more, going to a party just load it on a $2 USB stick and no damaged / lost CDs and no big deal if you lose a $2 usb stick

DVDs many are now using Tbox or similar for movies now.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

I think you'll find a lot of people have just stopped using eBay.

Other are offering other reasons with some have a small degree of validity in respect to markey trends & technology, but by and large eBay just doesn't bring in the Buyers anymore.

A couple of years agou you'd list an item and get 100 plus views and 30-40 watching on any given item being listed on a 99 cent auction. The end result being a sale for a reasonable price and usually 20 plus bids.

I find now I may get 20 views, mabye 5 watchers and just a couple of bids.

Sure I listed a few items that were very collectable that attracted much higher interest, but as a general rule eBay is completely dead (or getting very close at least).

All the "eBay Optimists" who seem to post here endlessly offer a host of excuses, however none are ever critical of eBay & Paypal's cost structures, the 10 zillion rules & reulations, nor the way in which Australia Post has allowed itself to be hyjacked by eBay.

Once eBay was a bit of fun and not a bad way to move some unwanted items on relatively cheap and make a few dollars, no it's become a corporate cancer that's actually eating away at itself (but are just too blind to see it).

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

CDs and DVDs are on their way out.... yes.

I work in an Op Shop, we get 100s of CDs donated every week and dozens of DVDs too....

as mentioned above, consumers are using newer technology for their music and films now....

maybe time for you to look for a different product to sell on eBay

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

CD and DVDs may be on their way out but still have a life.  Look at the FB of the big sellers and remember that these days you only receive fb from 20% - 40%.  Within those sales DVDs are still high, due to price and not every one having a BLR player.  (In B&M check out JB Hifi seems every second customer is buying a CD, DVD or BLR).  It is estimated that BLR will be around until around 2025.  Current problem with streaming is the bandwidth which is 1 - 5 mbps, BLR is 36 mbps (DVD 4 -8) so they may call it HD but its not close to BLR.  Plus high costs or speed restrictions if you exceed your gigabyte threshold don't help.  Go NBN. 

So perhaps move into BLRs

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 10 of 20
Latest reply