False claim for refund by local Australian buyer that has private feedback history

stefo123
Community Member

Yes sold a boxed RAM silver 1 ounce coin cheaply, approx half price to buyer in same state in early April 2023. Delivery was swift and wrapped package very well in bubble wrap as requested by the buyer. I knew I this was a "fussy / difficult" buyer so I took extra care to wrap in the satchel. Buyer claims cardboard box was damaged and clear coin capsule had sand in it! I know this claim was false as the 2014 coin was owned new by me and kept in a safe at home. I commented that aust post may have damaged it? "How could they? You wrapped in 3 layers of buuble wrap!" he replies, the threats and complaints naturally came via messages in ebay app. "I've made a complaint against you for falsely advertising damaged goods etc!"

Ebay sends message to provide a $5.24 shipping label to buyer via Hubbed / Toll. Item is apparently shipped as I'm charged for label on 20/4/2023. Turns out I have a tracking number but satchel never received by Toll.

Looks like buyer gets full refund and has kept the $85 coin and I'm left with a $5.24 shipping charge that was never used / sent.

Seems like a good scam? How did he fool Toll into making the label / satchel seem sent? There was all sorts of photos "proving" the satchel was sent with the Toll transport label placed on it in the photo.

Guy has "private" feedback 100%

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

False claim for refund by local Australian buyer that has private feedback history

@stefo123 wrote:

John
As per agreement at time of sale a 25 percent re-listing fee of AUD 25.18 must be paid via pay pal before a refund can be made as per our company’s legally binding contract and attached on the original listing! Kind regards stef

you want a restocking fee for a damaged item.  Nice way to run a business

Message 31 of 33
Latest reply

Nah it was falsely reported damaged!  read OP before commenting

Message 32 of 33
Latest reply

ok

Message 33 of 33
Latest reply