Fast & free?

Why are my ads telling customers I send items fast & free?? Giving very improbable arrival times from my location. Free yes, but I never said fast...

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Fast & free?

ebay insert fantasy delivery dates on everyone's listings

What is your handling period set to?

When a seller has free postage, ebay take it upon themselves to say 'fast and free', especially if your handling time is only set to a day or two

Ebay are very well aware the 'estimated' dates they insert are highly unlikely to ever happen. As long as they get their fees, they don't care,especially about sellers 

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Fast & free?

It's based on your handling time basically (1 day?).

If you aren't posting the same or next day then you probably want to change the handling time you set.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Fast & free?

Can't remember where but you need to turn off the fast n free option.

Also some of your listings have click n collect which you need to opt out of if you haven't wanted that either.

image host
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Fast & free?

@secondshout wrote:

Why are my ads telling customers I send items fast & free?? Giving very improbable arrival times from my location. Free yes, but I never said fast...

You better get into your account and do as the others said-extend your handling time & turn off the fast n free bit if you can..

Whether you like it or not, whether you agree or not, ebay puts estimated dates on your ads, and it will kick off from your designated handling time.

Don't bother putting disclaimers in the body of the ad or ranting about aust post.

Customers see that designated date range and most of them will take that as a ball park figure & they won't be all that impressed if it goes over. That's the reality.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Fast & free?

@secondshout wrote:

That is because if you are logged in as you, the calculated date is based on the item being sent from you to you.

Try logging out and using a postcode on the other side of the country.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Fast & free?

I'm in Melbourne and est. delivery says 9/10 days

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Fast & free?

There you go. Demostrable proof.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Fast & free?

Fast and free will only show to buyers in the same state as you, sometimes a neighbouring state (e.g if you live in NSW, Vic and Qld might see F&F but other states won't). You can't turn it off, there is no setting for it. 

I just saw you are in WA. I'm on the other side of the country and don't see F&F on your listings. I never will. It shows me an ETA of 24-28 Jul if I bought tonight. That was on your Maccas FIFA glasses with a 3 day handling time. Buyers in Perth would see F&F on that listing.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply