Fastway as an ebay preferred carrier is a joke

As per our post to the Fastway facebook page, we will NEVER use Fastway again. Ever. We are horrified that eBay consider Fastway Couriers to be capable of being a preferred carrier. 

This is not the only example but the most recent one:

"Thank you Fastway for convincing <us to> NEVER again use your 'services', and we do mean the term loosely.

Check out the tracking of XA0004945012. Item was going from Capalaba to Ipswich. Should be same or next day.

It was shipped 1st April 2015. Not scanned on pick up it was eventually scanned as on board on the 1st Jan 2014. Who knew Fastway could time travel?! Awesome!

Our lovely customer was left a card (tracking says on 1st Jan 2014 but we'll ignore that as well) to collect her parcel from a local B P Service Station. Really? We have paid Fastway to deliver her item, and keep it safe, not chuck it at a service station?! At no point did we authorise you to leave our customer's items at a service station.

Now our lovely customer (Waves to TAQ!) went to her local B P Station three times to collect her parcel and was told it was collected already. No signature. She didn't collect it, so who did?! When TAQ got in touch with us, we could tell this just wasn't right so we phoned the said BP and were told the parcel was definitely not there, and no they didn't keep details of when it was collected, or by whom, or even if it had been returned to Fastway. So much for your great idea of trusting B P staff to handle parcels that have been entrusted into YOUR care.

So we did the right thing and lodged an online enquiry and not happy to wait the days a response was due to take, we also called the office. Which was a complete waste of time as the Customer Service didn't actually provide any. Again, going into bat for our customer who has been completely stuffed around by your substandard service, we contacted our Regional Franchise Manager, Mr RB.

RB was told to expect our call. He didn't answer. In fairness he did promptly ring us back, put up with our fearless leader's ranting in the background about the appalling service, lack of tracking, and the unauthorised leaving of our goodies at a 'servo', and said he'd ring the BP.

Well what do you know?! TAQ's parcel is at the BP!!

We would have liked to publicly thank Mr RB for his miraculous assistance in locating our customer's parcel, however given the fact that he was LAUGHING at us about the situation, kinda doesn't make us feel like being all that effusive with our love. Yes, apparently when Fastway lose a parcel, they find it funny. We do not.

RB, as stated on the phone, have the satchels we purchased yesterday collected. We will not be paying for them, nor will we be using them. We would, at this point, rather climb over a barbed wire, electrified fence, in the rain, than use Fastway 'services' ever again."

Reliable and Hassle Free? I don't think so 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Fastway as an ebay preferred carrier is a joke

I had an issue with a national courier company last week. The problem is they contract out some deliveries to other companies. A smaller transport company  local to my area in this case.

My parcel was delivered to a totally different address on the parcel. I did get it returned to me unopened (a week later). I also complained and the Regional Manager phoned me, which is why I won't name them as they did take this misdelivery seriously.

The local transport company that misdelivered my parcel thought it was no big deal either.. made very weak excuses for the driver's mistake (he did not deliver it to the address on the parcel), instead of apologising for inconvience etc.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I think the situation, despite being one of many we've had with Fastway, was salvagable until the manager decided to laugh about it. We were only using them for local deliveries due to the issues and now that's out the window. We won't give them a single cent ever again. 

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

BP servo or Big W

How that's going to go

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Yes, my thoughts. There are only two couriers approved to be used for Click and Collect - Star Track which is really Aussie Post and Fastway. 

We had no idea it was even a possibility that it could be left at a BP Servo!

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I had a terrible experience with them too, Australia Post have been delivering my parcels tomorrow for the last few weeks, I wonder if anyone can beat that?

still.jpg

Photobucket
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Yeah very suprised they are recommended by eBay.

Anyway at work we just had a bad experience with Star Track - parcel sent from WA - intended destation - chiltern, Victoria.

Turns out it arrived in Launceston, Tasmania 2 days ago....

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Sounds like every purchase I have had the misfortune to receive (not) from Fastway over the years.  They should call themselves Noway.  I have been carded repeatedly when I am home, so I arrange delivery for a different day and sit home and wait with no delivery and it was sitting in their depot all day instead. I have wasted hours on the phone with promises it will be delivered that day and nothing.  They are the worst courier company in the country.  It once took me 6 weeks to receive an item from them because some stupid person had it sitting in his delivery truck when he went on holidays.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

That is beyond ridiculous OP.

I like your letter. You should send that in to FU Tube on ABC's 'The Checkout'.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply