Feedback System Failure

Thank you for giving me the chance.

We have a negative feedback left by one buyer.

Please check all the eBay message between the buyer and us, if you can.

The buyer purchased a bird cage from us and he sent an email to complain that the item is broken.

So we ask the buyer to send some photos to us and then we can find the best way to solve the problem.

However, the buyer replied the message next day and he said he throw away the cage.

He asked for $70 refund and also he threaten us that if this is not done I will be claiming the full amount through paypal and negative feedback will be left. Obviously, the cage is in good condition (otherwise he can easily provide photos) and the buyer just want to pay a half price for the birdcage.

Of course we refuse to refund $70 to him, because he doesn’t have any evidence to prove the birdcage is damaged.

I called eBay two times and I spoke to two supervisors on 11th of July (1 hour conversation).

I only remember the male supervisor called Ben and I don’t remember the female supervisor.

Both of them ask me how you can prove the birdcage is not damaged.

That's ridiculous. The buyer said the birdcage was damaged, but he refused to provide any photo evidence. Why I should prove the birdcage is not broken? He can take a photo and upload to eBay if the cage is broken.

The most sad thing is that the female supervisor’s attitude. She sounds like a big boss, and she said she can make any decisions she wants. I also asked her that, if I purchase something on eBay and I am doing the same thing like my customer. For example, I purchase a dog crate from my competitor, and then I said the cage is broken, so I throw away. After that I am asking for $50 refund, and I will leave a bad feedback if you don’t issue refund to me. The female supervisor said to me “that’s fine. You can do that, and you can write whatever you want”.

You can see how ridiculous of the feedback system on eBay.

Why don’t you just make a rules like if the product has defaults or other problems, and they buyer must to provide evidence for asking refund.  

I guess those eBay supervisors are not qualified and they don’t have experience being as a seller .

I feel sad for eBay to hire someone who doesn’t care about eBay business at all.

Regards,

Leon

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Feedback System Failure

I'm afraid we can't read anyone's messages

These boards are not read by ebay staff, everyone here is a member just like you

Did you mention the feedback extortion to anyone else. It is not okay at all, it is against ebay policy

If I were you, I would keep calling. I know you should'nt have to

I am wonderinf if ACORN could step in and do something, based on the woman's attitude alone and her refusal to uphold policy?

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Feedback System Failure

I would forget trying to resolve it through ebay. I would message the buyer tellinng them that unness they either provide photographs of the damage or return the item to yur for inspection you will be contacting the police to report them for obtaining goods by deception.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Feedback System Failure

Thank you for your suggestion.

I already asked them to send photos to us and the buyer refused.

I have attached some photos and you can see the whole story.

The sad thing is that the ebay supervisor is unqualified and the feedback systerm is unfair to seller.

Regards,

Leon

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Feedback System Failure

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Feedback System Failure

You can still report them to ebay for feedback extortion.

https://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html

What are the guidelines?

Not allowed 

Not allowed

Examples of Feedback extortion

The buyer can't threaten to leave negative Feedback or low detailed seller ratings if the seller won't:

• Accept a return and pay for return postage if not covered by the listing or eBay Money Back Guarantee.

• Give a full or partial refund for an item if not covered by the listing or eBay Money Back Guarantee.

• Lower the postage and handling costs

• Refund payment before the buyer sends the item back to the seller.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Feedback System Failure

If it was so badly damaged that it had to be thrown away why is she only asking for half the money back?

Make sure you keep the messages....if I were you I would fight it tooth and nail on the grounds that she would not provide photos.

I suspect she has done this before....is there any sign in her feedback that she has forced other refunds?

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Feedback System Failure

Thank you for your help.

I did see the guidelines and I also pointed out that when I was talking to the female supervisor.

However, she just told me that they only can remove the negative feedback, if I can prove the cage is in good condition.

You can see how ridiculous they are. 

If there is any other company like eBay in Australia, and we will give up on eBay definitely.

I feel so bad, beacuse eBay treated me very unfairly.

Regards,

@imastawka wrote:

You can still report them to ebay for feedback extortion.

https://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html

What are the guidelines?

Not allowed 

Not allowed

Examples of Feedback extortion

The buyer can't threaten to leave negative Feedback or low detailed seller ratings if the seller won't:

• Accept a return and pay for return postage if not covered by the listing or eBay Money Back Guarantee.

• Give a full or partial refund for an item if not covered by the listing or eBay Money Back Guarantee.

• Lower the postage and handling costs

• Refund payment before the buyer sends the item back to the seller.

Leon

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Feedback System Failure

Thank you for your time.

The value of the birdcage is $146 and no one will ask for only $70 refund if the birdcage is unusable.

The supervisor already saw the eBay message between us and they said they understand my suitiation.

But they only can remove the negative feedback, if I can prove the cage is in good condition.

I lost confidence in eBay now.

Regards,

Leon

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Feedback System Failure

@opetmart wrote:

Thank you for your time.

The value of the birdcage is $146 and no one will ask for only $70 refund if the birdcage is unusable.

The supervisor already saw the eBay message between us and they said they understand my suitiation.

But they only can remove the negative feedback, if I can prove the cage is in good condition.

I lost confidence in eBay now.

Regards,

Leon

Hi Leon,

I've been reading through the boards and came across your thread. The Customer Support team are looking into this for you and you should hear from a representative soon. 

I appreciate this has been a bad experience for you but hopefully we'll find a resolution and you'll have the confidence to continue selling on eBay. 

Regards

Michelle

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply