Final value fee

Hello can someone explain why they charge you a value fee AND a final value fee on shipping just seems like a rip off. I understand the Final value fee but the shipping fee ??cheers

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Final value fee

@countessalmirena wrote:

Kopenhagen, do you repair watches as a hobby?

One of these days, I want to teach myself how to repair antique grandfather clocks. I'll surprise my father and fix his antique longcase clock.

I learnt from a Swiss watchmaker friend of mine and repaired watches on the side for 10 years.

You don't need to delve into learning too much to repair a grandfather clock.

Most common problem is the suspension spring (replace) and giving bushes a clean n lube is all that's needed.

Sometimes bushes can be worn and need to be replaced. That requires an expert unless parts a readily available.

http://www.grandfatherclockrepairservice.com/clock-repair.html

Even if you need to spend a couple of hundred on it, might bring a tear to your father's eye.

You can remove the whole movement with dial and give it to a watchmaker in your city. (usually just unscrew)

Tazz, yeah a normal hammer will work but with a chisel. Smiley Wink

Seriously, if you mean the click on backs as opposed to the screw in then with a magnifying glass find the little indentation on the back of the watch to place the case opener in. (most click on back watches have that)

image host
Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

5 years sh#t time flys i must be slow just notice it, probably because i dont wear a watch, anyone know were i can get one.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

I know a bloke down the local pub that wears a duffle coat and on the inside of the coat hangs 100s of watches,you could try him haha

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply