Final value fees waved??. How is it that I have sold 2 items and been charged FINAL VALUE fees??

Recently I have received emails from eBay stating that FINAL VALUE fees would be waved on:-

1 - On my next 7 listings

2 -  List as many as you like, no fees

I have recently sold 2 items listed after receiving email number 1 above and been charged FINAL VALUE fees

Have tried to CHAT with eBay about this but just end up with a document

I am  a long time eBay user.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Final value fees waved??. How is it that I have sold 2 items and been charged FINAL VALUE fees??

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I believe you need to accept the offers before they become active.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Was it only in your emails or also in your eBay messages?

Assuming it was a legit eBay email/message ......

Do you need to click on anything to 'accept' offer in the message? 

Is there anything at the bottom of your 'my eBay page that you need to click to accept? 

Did it only include items in certain categories ? 

Not sure what being a long time eBay user has to do with it, if eBay make the offer and any t&c etc is followed then it should be honoured regardless of how long the person it was offered to has been a member

Have you tried phoning ebay? 

*Edit: Too slow, bear

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Did you accept the offer?

Generally that's what they are and you have to accept them first before you put items for sale.

Go to your My eBay and scroll to the botom and all offers should be there,(you can then see if it has the

accept offer stated),good.gif

If it's not there click on the history tab under Promotional Offers.

Then go to the offers and click on the promo numbers.(number used). and you will see all the listings that are

included in that promo,(then just check it against the listing to see if it was included).

Some are now "hidden" as it's a "hidden" counter but you just click on the Download to view all ID's

If it is then simple take a screen shot and when you contact eBay state that you have the proof that it's part of

the promotion and you need a way to send it to them,good.gif

Othere wise you may need to contact eBay:

This gives you their direct links without having to go through their rigmarole:

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/home.

Just keep in mind that the Call option is only available during business hours,(8 am to 9 pm Mon to Fri

and 8 am to 5 pm on Sat and Sun).

Have us call you seems to be the best option.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Also - promos are only valid first time through. If the item is relisted (auto or otherwise) the promo is no longer valid.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply