For over a month, eBay Australia website slows the entire browser

Surely we're not the only user experiencing this. 

eBay page loads are taking up to 30 seconds to complete, and during the load, the entire browser comes to a crashing halt, whereby even trying to switch between open tabs is not possible. The issue is limited only to the eBay site, and clearing cache etc will allow for it to be usable for about 5 minutes, and then the issue will reappear. 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Numerous complaints on the boards of late.  Most people find that an adblocker on browser help a heap.  I dont have a prob with adblockers on all browsers.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Numerous complaints on the boards of late.  Most people find that an adblocker on browser help a heap.  I dont have a prob with adblockers on all browsers.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

When your cache gets full or you have old cookies, your browser may be very slow or have problems loading pages.

I would suggest to clear your cache and cookies on the browser that you are using in order to avoid discrepancies on a site that you are accessing. You can refer to the link. http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

You may also try to use a different to see if it works the same. After doing the basic troubleshooting, if the issue still occurs, I can recommend a few other options.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

issues appears resolved with adblocker. eBay are destroying their user base's ability to use their site by creating a situation whereby the site is unusable with their ads running.
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I personally don't have a big issue with the ads the only time the site loads slow for me is on Friday however that's because maintenance is normally preformed on that day.

What browser are you using?

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

One thing that points to it not being entirely ebay's fault is that I find it loads much quicker when I am here in the UK than when I am in Aus. TThere is very little difference between download speeds with both isps.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

This worked for me. The site was completly unusable for the last 6 - 12 montuhs and installing an adbl,ocker instantly fixed it.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

I just don't use it any more. I don't see why I should have to take all these steps like clearing a cache or installing an adblocker (which don't work anyway) just to browse their website when millions of others work perfectly well without me having to do that. If eBay wants me to browse their website, they should stop cluttering it up. It's their problem not mine. I just logged in for the first time in months to see if anything had changed. It hasn't, so I'm off again.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

It takes a few minutes to clear cookie and cache and install an adblocker.

If you are too lazy to do that then maybe ebay is not for you.

An adblocker is a basic tool applicable to all sites as far as I am concerned.   Have you looked at the number of members who are very happy now that they have installed it?  It certainly does work.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

I have cleared my cache but its still slow. On a PC it seems fine.
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply