Free listings and auto re-lists

Does anyone know whether the automatic free re-lists are coning off the 100 free listings again this time? Ta.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I have a feeling we don't get the auto 3 free re-lists with these free listings.

I am kicking myself today .... I got all of my items ready and in order yesterday with intention of listing them YESTERDAY.    I listed two, then decided would start early today .....   the two I listed yesterday have the auto free relist, but the ones I have listed this morning won't allow me.

I have just read back on a thread yesterday, and the following is included in the original email as an exclusion ......

*  Listings that automatically or manually relist during the Promotion Period are not eligible for this promotion. *

I will take the auto relist of the first 2 items I listed to be sure, and be grateful for what I have ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

If you revise your item and edit listing, you might find the box to tick "free auto relisting" often comes up again, sometimes after a few attempts.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you for that Cathy ..... but I'm a little nervous after the last 'episode'   I had a heap of emails come through  a couple of days AFTER their promotion finished ... (all items which had been free), but with the $1.50 fee charged   ... it took some time to get it sorted out.

I'm just unticking the re-list box and listing my items, to save any more of the above ๐Ÿ™‚   I'm wondering whether to wait to 'almost' the end of the sales (in my case 10 days) and going back into the unsold items and ticking the re-list box then.   What do you think of doing that?

eBay have clearly indicated in their specifications for this promotion that the auto relists are not eligible  ....  (that scares me a bit)...

*  Listings that automatically or manually relist during the Promotion Period are not eligible for this promotion. *

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

That's interesting but I've checked my listing charges and I haven't been charged at all, even for those automatically re-listed freely during a promotion period (and I recall someone else on another thread saying they also resisted automatically without any charges). When listing and each time I revise (and I revise a lot when I first list an item) I always check that the cost or listing or revising is 0.00 and check that the free auto-list box is ticked.

When I go into unsold items, instead of just ticking 'relist' I ALWAYS tick to "edit listing' (that's when you can check how much you'll be charged and whether the auto-list box is checked) ........ maybe that's where the glitch is as I do recall I almost ticked relist without editing and I think I was actually charged the listing fee ........ Hope that makes sense.

BUT it's something that can change at any time like so much does on eBay so I will keep on top of it.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Same here ...... I never re-list .... just 'sell a similar item'.  

It sounds as though you are okay with this promotion  .....good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I listed 3 things tonight. I had about 20 auto relist and it didn't come off my promotion amount. Only the 3 new listings came off. 

Initially I didn't get the free relist box, even when I revised several times. I  cleared out my cookies and cache , went back and revised and the box appeared. 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I listed a whole heap of new listings today, and although there were quite a number of items that auto-relisted in the same time period, they didn't come off my 100 free listings.

And unbelievably, all the new listings had the checkbox for the 3 free relists.

So what happened last time was obviously a glitch, which ebay were not prepared to admit.

So I am one very lucky seller - now if only those items will actually SELL!

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply