GTC Listing Ended by Ebay - Lost All Sales Data

Hello there,

I am really having probem that really freaks me out.

Just yesterday eBay had ended my GTC listing which i had worked so hard last 6 months. It was best ranked listing for last 4 months making good sales. 

I have also contacted eBay and they said that my listing ended because i did not have UPC code mentioned in my listing. They suggested me to update UPC code and relist the item. Only to switch UPC code to " Does not Appy"

The thing they dont understand is that i have lost hard earned sales data along with the listing. Now when i try to relist the same item all the sales data is lost.

It really frightens me since perhaps it happens again and i will lose hard earned rankings in search results for some non sense details which destroy my income.

Someone please help me and tell me where to turn to get that listing up again.

Many thanks!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It has been a requirement for some time now that all UPC/MPN data be complete on listings and this includes each and every variation on a muli-variation listing. You should have received messages in the past from ebay that they would be removing listings where UPC data was blank. If it does not apply to your items then it must be populated with "DOES NOT APPLY".

When you display your active listings there is a tab at the top says "Improve your listings..."

In there it tells you if any of your listings need UPC data added.

The fact that they have forcibly ended your listings for this reason means you will not be able to recover your sales history or ranking position.

As a seller you need to be 100% aware of all the rules for listing on ebay so that things like this do not happen.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Many thanks for your answer. But i have checked my message box and i don't have any emails regarding to improving listing... I check ebay messages almost every day. If i only knew that i would have done it.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I might also recommend that you check in on these boards quite often too.

Any topics like this are usually heavily discussed. This one was at the time.

There is a lot to be learned from some very experienced sellers in here.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

That is so true mate.. Well given advice! Thanks
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply