GTC renewal policy violation - does anyone know what this means?

I got an email from ebay (and a message through ebay) saying one of my listings didn't renew because of a GTC renewal policy violation.  I have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to have done.  Has anyone else had it happen to them and/or know what they're talking about?

The relevant listing ran for exactly 6 months and I'm wondering whether they decided not to renew it because I hadn't sold any of it.  I had another listing that started at exactly the same time and it renewed okay, and it had no sales either.  I also have half a dozen listings a few days older than these two, also with no sales, and they renewed without any problems.  I would have thought if having older listings with no sales was a violation then they'd end all listings it applies to.

I thought they were only going to do something about listings a year old with no sales, but I can't find the details.  I've gone through the seller policies and there's absolutely nothing there.  I vaguely remember thinking it could apply to listings a bit less than a year old but there was no mention of pulling them after only 6 months so perhaps it's something entirely different.  In future I'll be ending all my listings with no sales before they get to be six months old and relisting them using Sell Similar.

I could ring ebay and ask but I honestly wouldn't expect to be any of the wiser afterwards so I'm not sure I'll bother.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

That's a different problem, or the reason ebay has given them differs from the reason they gave me.

The article says this:  

• One or more of your Good ‘Til Cancelled (GTC) listing(s) weren’t renewed and are no longer listed on eBay. The listing(s) weren’t renewed because of the reasons shown below. Listing(s) not renewed due to one or more missing required product identifiers (UPC, Brand, MPN, etc.)”

but mine says this:

1 Listing(s) weren't renewed because of GTC renewal policy violation.

I don't know how I missed that it applies to only 1 listing, but perhaps I knew and then forgot because of my frustration.  Smiley Embarassed

I honestly can't see how it's possible to violate any policies on GTC renewal because they're automatic and it means "good till cancelled".  

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

brerrabbit, I suspect that this is one of those situations where you're going to have to use the Have us call you option at some point, and get the nitty-gritty from the rep with whom you speak - if only to enlighten everyone reading this thread.

Nothing that I've searched has come even close to providing an answer about this!

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

I might keep you all hanging a few more days. 🙂 🙂

At least the seller policy pages have a call back option showing on them.

If I had the time I could ring five times just to see whether I get a different answer each time. 😞
Message 14 of 14
Latest reply