Glitch adding postage costs to FREE POST items after auction end

Hi Sellers

Have you experienced recently (in the last 12 months) eBay (glitch) adding postage charges to an invoice for any listing/s with free postage?

This happened to me as a buyer this week. I notified my seller who responded with:

"It has happened due to the technical error in File Exchange due to which it shows Free Shipping in listing but it is actually with Shipping charges due to which shipping was later added in the invoice. We have talked to eBay and they told us that it will not happen in future."

It is the second time in a year it has happened. The first seller removed the postage fee and resent the invoice. This new seller said they never intended to have free postage so the postage fee on the invoice will stay. My only options are to accept the fee or cancel the sale (I'm cancelling - onprinciple and the fee is way too high).

If this has happened to you, how did you react?

I'm fine with the buying side of this experience, it is the selling perspective I need help with, pleaase. I don't want to jump the gun because technical glitches can occur, but I suspect the seller is pulling a swifty because they have several negs in the last 12 months for the same thing. (Yes, I know it was a risk, but it wasn't that much of a risk because I don't need need need the stuff I bid on so missing out doesn't hurt me, I also have time to kill.)

Thanks!

Message 1 of 1
Latest reply
0 REPLIES 0