Going on vacation

I will be travelling for 2 months. Can I suspend trade and then continue on return without losing my listings?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Going on vacation

Have a look at the link below.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/selling-tools/time-away?id=5137&st=3&pos=2&query=Time%20Away&in...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Going on vacation

a suggestion dont use the allow sales option,  although the EDD is extended,  a lot of people don't look at this,  and start to have a complain or leave you negative feedback because delivery took so long.  I know someone who did this,  and ended up with a few neg's.

I use the pause sales, and it works fine.  I do end the time away a couple of days before I am back, so when I get back I generally already have a few items to pack and despatch.  Base it on your handling time.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Going on vacation

Makes good sense, thank you

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Going on vacation

very helpful, Thank you

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Going on vacation

You have two options.  

1) Suspend sales.  This will hide your listings but NOT end them.  You'll receive no sales for this time

2) You keep your listings visible and customers can buy them.  Your listings will have a message saying the seller is away until the date you specify.  This has a MAXIMUM of 15 days.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Going on vacation

@p9games wrote:

You have two options.  

1) Suspend sales.  This will hide your listings but NOT end them.  You'll receive no sales for this time

2) You keep your listings visible and customers can buy them.  Your listings will have a message saying the seller is away until the date you specify.  This has a MAXIMUM of 15 days.

Seems there is only one option. 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Going on vacation

There is another way. It also doesn't require you to 'extend' your 'time away' or lose your listings.

Just before you want to close...
1. Change your 'out of stock' option in myebay>seller account>Site preferences>Use out of stock option to 'YES'
2. Edit all listings to show '0' stock - all the listings will now become invisible.
3. When you return - edit all listings & return the stock levels back to what it should be.
4. Make sure to change your 'out of stock' option back to NO after editing stock levels - otherwise you'll pay for listings even without stock or showing.

Your GTC listings will still automatically relist while you're away - but with 0 stock (I think for 90 days-not sure about the time frame)

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply