Guaranteed Delivery 3 Day Delivery

I'm curious to hear from anyone who has opted in...

We havn't. I could probably do it for Brisbane Metro Area and possibly Sydney & Melbourne but it really depends on couriers and Australia Post. Every couple of months something invariably goes wrong and an item doesnt get delivered on time or gets lost. I just dont know how we could possible guarantee delivery within 3 days... And what happens if it doesnt arrive? You end up with an angry buyer and that's never good. And sometimes Ebay's delivery areas (ie surcharge areas) dont actually match up with courier surcharge areas so you'd have to go and select each suburb individually which would be a huge pain.

Our motto is under promise and over deliver - I can't see the guaranteed delivery working for us.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Guaranteed Delivery 3 Day Delivery

To be honest, my mail is usually quicker at Christmas than at any other time of the year.

Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

Hi all

i am in Perth, I had a physical store and had problems with mail.

i had a long chat with my postie, sorry. Guys your mail was late that day 😀

i had not had mail for at least 3 weeks, he popped in with a bundle. While we chattered I open one from the ATO in Perth cbd.

i am In the Perth cbd .. 😳 it was dated 5 weeks ago, I missed the respond in 28 days. I open the other mail out of 8 letter only one was current. 😳

he told me generally it is 4-8 days not 2-6 and the red boxes in the suburbs are not cleared every day only every second day and delivery to homes is only every second day. 😳

i am am having heaps of late delivery messages. I post over the counter at a post office in or in Their red box out the front.

I am conducting a test by posting at different places at the same time. Maybe one office is faster than another.

red mail boxes here don’t have post by notices anymore and I have noticed a few with Sunday cut off is now 3 pm.

WA stands for wait awhile ya know. 😀

Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

Oh

and if the parcel is late the seller pays and pays and pays.

Do not rely on their info pages read the terms and conditions".....

read the info on what happens.A32D3C9A-0992-498B-B569-DE353011162C.jpeg

Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

This may be an older thread but it is still current.

On the Wednesday evening before Christmas I won an auction and paid for Express Post from suburban Melbourne to suburban Sydney.  It was posted Thursday morning around 10am according to the tracking.   It was handed to me on Friday about 8am.

I consider 22 hours from Melbourne to Sydney right at Christmas is excellent.  

I sent a card from Sydney to Tasmania...posted the Thursday before Christmas....it was delivered on Christmas Eve.

I have no complaints at all about Australia Post.....and this is certainly not the first Christmas that the mail has been very quick.  I have long maintained that my Christmas mail is quicker than the rest of the year.

Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

This may be an older thread but it is still current.

On the Wednesday evening before Christmas I won an auction and paid for Express Post from suburban Melbourne to suburban Sydney.  It was posted Thursday morning around 10am according to the tracking.   It was handed to me on Friday about 8am.

I consider 22 hours from Melbourne to Sydney right at Christmas is excellent.  

I sent a card from Sydney to Tasmania...posted the Thursday before Christmas....it was delivered on Christmas Eve.

I have no complaints at all about Australia Post.....and this is certainly not the first Christmas that the mail has been very quick.  I have long maintained that my Christmas mail is quicker than the rest of the year.

i agree, australia post has been much faster since they got rid of the multi million dollar CEO and went back to reality.

what id like to see is all delivery vehicles have to be marked so you know who they are.

here we have multiple delivery services who (including australia post) use unmarked vehicles.

when a delivery van goes by you have no idea who they are.

same with plumbers/electricians.

if they are a business they should be clearly marked as to what business and info including phone number.

many times we have delivery drivers race past here (its a no through road) at very high speed (its 15kph) and how do you complain, if you dont know who it was?

Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

It's still have a mixed bag for me with Australia Post as far as receiving items, some items arrive here fast, others inexplicably take over a week despite being from suburban Melbourne to suburban Melbourne, and a good number don't arrive at all (although it is better than 2012 when I was lucky to get one item out of five or maybe even ten). I'm still seeing tracking marked as "delivered" (and invariably lost) on items when no postie or van has even been here on that day, and others marked as "delivered" at the mail sorting facility three suburbs away (which is then a game of roulette whether they actually do turn up).

That said, when I send things, I never have any trouble with AP (aside from their pathetic trading hours; why can't they compete with Officeworks or the like?) and have only had three items lost to buyers since 2013.
Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

if they are a business they should be clearly marked as to what business and info including phone number.

many times we have delivery drivers race past here (its a no through road) at very high speed (its 15kph) and how do you complain, if you dont know who it was?

I have a golf range finder for checking distances to the flags and it has a speed check radar on it,(so anytime

a driver repeatedly drove too fast I would use it  to track their speed and have it on video to hand on to the

police),Sunnies.gif

If they are a repeat offender and you get their licence number then just let the police know,(if they do it in one

area they'll do it in other areas and if the police are forewarned they'll catch them sooner or later),good.gif

Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

Taz................................original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

what id like to see is all delivery vehicles have to be marked so you know who they are.

here we have multiple delivery services who (including australia post) use unmarked vehicles.

when a delivery van goes by you have no idea who they are.

same with plumbers/electricians.

David, you cannot force businesses to mark their vehicles.  It is an expensive process and if the vehicle is involved in an accident it is very expensive to get just a section of the signage replaced if it is a small business.  

Huge companies like AP/StarTrack pay over $1000 to sign one vehicle so I would hate to think what a company with one or two vehicles would pay when they don't have economies of scale.

As for couriers and AP.....AP is responsible for signage on their own vehicles and their contractors vehicles....the contractors cannot do it themselves.   My OH has been with first AaE and now StarTrack for over 30 years and never have they put any signage on any of our vehicles.   The contract stipulates we have to have a white late model vehicle....nothing more.

I have always maintained that unsigned vehicles are safer, particularly in the CBD where my husband works.  In the years when he drove a signed vehicle it was broken into 3 or 4 times a year despite being locked and alarmed.  I can't remember the last time an unsigned vehicle was robbed.

If you see a vehicle break the law you should contact the police.  You have no idea who they are and only the police can deal with them.  It does not matter if it is a business or private vehicle. All you need is the number plate.   No business has the right to take action on law breaker...that is the domain of the police.

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply