HOW DO I SET A RESERVE PRICE ON A LISTING

dave69orama
Community Member

Hi everyone I hope ur all well,I am putting several listings on ebay to sell some items and would like to put a "reserve price" on these listings but cannot see an option for this when I am doing up the add.Does anybody know the steps to do this? Your help would be greatly appreciated... Cheers

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Most categories of items on eBay do not allow a reserve. If you can't find the option, then the category doesn't support it.

If you're doing auctions, start at the minimum price you are prepared to accept - a lot of auctions only receive one bid these days.

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

basically only boats / cars / caravans/ bikes etc have reserves on ebay australia, all the ''general'' categories do not have a set reserve.

the 'Start Price' of an auction is the minimum it will sell for

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

I hope you realise that a BUY IT NOW price is not a reserve.

If someone bids on the items you have as BINs the BIN price disappears and if you only get one bid, then the starting price is the price you will have to sell at.

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

I never got this whole reserve price thing. WHy not just simply list it at the MINIMUM you will accept even if you only get one bid. Theres your reserve price...easy.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

I used to like the reserve price option. There seemed to be more interest generated, buyers would see say a diamond ring starting at 99c and actually look at the item plus quite often interested buyers would ask the reserve price and bid it.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

yes gem i get that, but if it is only one bid it will not reach your reserve price. it still needs two interested parties to bid and i used to ask myself Why am I now bidding against the seller anyway?

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

If you feel you are bidding against the seller, stop bidding

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

What sort of Express Delivery are you using? I hope it has full on line tracking which shows delivery to the buyer's address.

Also COD is cash on delivery, it does not mean the same as cash on pick up.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

gottabe....that is probably the reason that ebay got rid of reserves for most catergories. Buyers did not like having to bid against the seller.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply