HOW TO BLOCK BUYERS FROM WA/TAS/SA

Does anyone have ani idea how to block buyers from these states-in the preferences there is only options to block countries and not certain  Australian states-after the 6th of may i really do not want to pay extra FVF for buyers from these states-one buyer from Broome for example ruins everything in terms of postage costs.  Any help would be most welcome

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

EBAY IS NOT MY BUSINESS AND I AM NOT A SHOP.BUYER MUST WAIT FOR INVOICE OR PAYMENT RETURNED. ALL ITEM(S) SENT AFTER CLEARED BANK PAYMENT.PAYMENT 4 DAYS FROM AUCTION END OR ITEM RELISTED.NO EMAIL COMMUNICATION-ONLY EBAY.BUYERS EBAY ADDRESS MUST BE CORRECT.

Why does the buyer need to wait for invoice on free postage?

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

EBAY IS NOT MY BUSINESS AND I AM NOT A SHOP.BUYER MUST WAIT FOR INVOICE OR PAYMENT RETURNED. ALL ITEM(S) SENT AFTER CLEARED BANK PAYMENT.PAYMENT 4 DAYS FROM AUCTION END OR ITEM RELISTED.NO EMAIL COMMUNICATION-ONLY EBAY.BUYERS EBAY ADDRESS MUST BE CORRECT.

I find that when I read text that is all in CAPS I find it difficult to read.  The letters all look like they are too close together for my liking, and it is difficult to 'picture' the text i.e. a mix of uppercase and lowercase text lets me visualise where a sentence starts and ends. Don't get me wrong, I can read ALL CAPS text, it's just not as easy as using upper and lower case letters.

I FIND THAT WHEN I READ TEXT THAT IS ALL IN CAPS I FIND IT DIFFICULT TO READ.  THE LETTERS ALL LOOK LIKE THEY ARE TOO CLOSE TOGETHER FOR MY LIKING, AND IT IS DIFFICULT TO 'PICTURE' THE TEXT I.E. A MIX OF UPPERCASE AND LOWERCASE TEXT LETS ME VISUALISE WHERE A SENTENCE STARTS AND ENDS. DON'T GET ME WRONG, I CAN READ ALL CAPS TEXT, IT'S JUST NOT AS EASY AS USING UPPER AND LOWER CASE LETTERS.

bimberi, you may find that buyers don't read the ALL CAPS parts of your descriptions/conditions etc for the same reasons that I find ALL CAPS text annoying and difficult to read.  ALSO,  TEXT  IN  ALL  CAPS  IS  CONSIDERED  AS  SHOUTING  WHEN  USED  IN  A  COMPUTER  ENVIRONMENT / SETTING.  As a buyer, I don't like being shouted at.  you may even be losing potential customers becasue of it. 

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

@cassie135 wrote:

Why does the buyer need to wait for invoice on free postage?

Addressing Bimberri:

Hi Matey, just a quick comment about this, which i presume is from one of your listings.

Before you relist the item, you really need to officially terminate the transaction with the first buyer, either through mutual cancellation or the NPB system. Among other things, this will allow you to recoup your FVFs that you were charged.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

Did anyone ever figure out how to block buyers from certain states in Australia? I managed to do it on several of my listings quite a while ago (I have plants I cannot send to certain places because of quarantine issues) but have spent hours trying to remember how I did it so I can apply the blocks to all my plant and seed listings. The only options that come up when trying to implement exclusion zones for posting are international regions and countries, not domestically within Australia.

I talked to ebay today and was told it is not possible to block certain states within Australia, but somehow I managed to do it...wish I could remember how.

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

You can't block by state, as such, but you can effectively do the same thing by using the regional blocks - that goes by postcode, so you'd have to block all regions within a state in order to block the entire state. 

I have found regional blocks become an option if you click 'yes' to using rate tables, though last time I was checking out the options, you didn't have to actually use the rate tables for your postage in order to block by region. 

Some of the info about regional blocks is here: https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/postage-rates-tables

(The page I linked to above no longer exists in its original form, and it now goes to a new page with much less info). 

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

That's in Business Policies: My eBay > My Account > Business Policies:

Then go to Create Policy > select Postage from the drop down menu.

Scroll to the bottom and select >  Edit exclusion list

Tick the regions you want to exclude and select Apply, good.gif

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

If you don't have Business Policies:

https://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/business-policies.html

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

Thanks-tried this but no good. The FAQs for Postage Rate Tables say:  

Can I Exclude Delivery Zones From My Postage Rate Tables?

No, to do so you will have to do it from your Business Policies by creating an exclusion list. Steps below:

• From “My eBay”, go to “My Account”
  • Go to “Business Policies”
  • From there edit your business policies and create an “Exclusion list” (at the bottom)

No good as don't have any policies that I can find.

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

Have tried for hours to locate and fiddle with my Business Policies- no success. Couldn't even find a menu option to click on for policies, let alone alter them. Finally tried:

www.bizpolicy.ebay.com.au/businesspolicy/policyoptin

YES!!! SUCCESS!!!! I found my policies and from there can sort out domestic exclusion zones for postage. Both on-line chat and phone call to Ebay said it can't be done. Useless people.

Well done Ebay for turning what should be a straight forward task into a full-on time-consuming nightmare. The sellers defect rate looks bad every time they have to refund a transaction because a buyer can't read the description that says 'we don't post to your area', and Paypal gets their little cut every time a transaction is refunded. 

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

with reference to OP is there such a thing as a blocked SELLER list Smiley LOL    

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply