Had Message Offer from Ebay

I had an offer from Ebay offering a $30 voucher when I sell $100 worth of items.

It is available until 22nd June.

Has anyone else had this.

Seems strange, are they haveing trouble getting buyers for Ebay.

It wasnt an Email it was on one of my user names when I logged on this morning.

Not sure how I make anyone buy.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

So now ebay are trying to get sellers to sell more by offering them vouchers lol.

A seller can only do so much with trying to sell and if buyers aren't buying then why offer vouchers to the sellers?

This one has me scratching my head lol

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

@jjba6541 wrote:

I had an offer from Ebay offering a $30 voucher when I sell $100 worth of items.

Not sure how I make anyone buy.

Offer them a 15% discount, ie half the value of the voucher.Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Why not then offer the full $30 as it's coming out of ebay's coffers haha

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

They've had a similar offer for the past two years in June.

Well, there you go - two posters who are hopeless at maths.  It's only for $30 off IF you buy something AND IF you sell $100.  You can't be sure of selling $100 unless the items are priced at that or more, so it'd be stupid to offer discounts on cheaper items.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

My offer was $50 for $700 of sales . Im battling at the moment to get sales. The last 2 months have been woefull. Items I used to sell 10 of a week now battling to sell 1 ...even my other accounts are waaaaayyyy down. I used to auction 1 particular item I make off and always had 100+ lookers and heaps of bids ....now lucky to get 6 lookers and have not had 1 bid in the last 3 times I listed it .... ebays 'improvements' are coming back to bite them on the ....

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Haha so it's if you the seller buys something you get $30 off but then you need to sell $100 worth before you get the offer.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Correct. Last year they had several levels but I think all sellers could qualify. There was a certain voucher if you sold $500, a better one if you sold $1,000, etc. I seem to remember a few people had hassles getting their vouchers after they qualified, but not everyone.
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Yes, I qualified for one of these vouchers after making a couple of sales and then had to chase up eBay to actually receive it. I think in the end they just paid me through PayPal cause I kept complaining about how long it was taking.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply