Has anyone had all images deleted of a listing excluding the 'icon' first image?

Hi ๐Ÿ™‚ just wondering if anyone else has had images deleted from listings [I have been GTC for a while] without notification excluding the main 'cover/icon' image? Sometimes I will check a listing and see the rest of the images are gone.

Unfortunatley it then requires me to retrieve the item, stem and re photograph which are often the most time consuming of a listng...which is all ok but the main concern is that I typically have 800-1000 listings and I am not aware until I manually click on it and check one by one [meanwhile people have been viewing the item and I am unaware they really can not see a lot about the item].

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Has anyone had all images deleted of a listing excluding the 'icon' first image?

unfortunately I have had the same experience.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to why it happens.  And there is no easy way to identify which listings only have only the one picture.  I was semi-fortunate that I was doing a revision (separate to this problem) of a large proportion of my listings about 4 months ago and therefore was able to see the listings where the pictures had just vanished.  But there was lots of cursing going on! 

Fortunately for me - there have been no bad surprises to the buyer at this stage which could result in negative feedback.  

If I notice that someone has purchased something and there is only one picture - I drop them an email before sending to confirm any problems with the item.

Sorry I don't have a better solution.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply.... sorry that you have also had the same issue. Thanks for taking the time ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I've had it happen in the past, very annoying but I keep all images backed up on an external drive - only one image should trigger an alert on ebay, via the all selling page (not seller hub).

At the top of the page in the notification section it should say "meet photo recommendations for X listings" with a direct link to all listings with only one image.
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks digital ghost - is that under active listings? Sorry not sure where as I have not seen that before.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Yes, this problem drives me absolutely crazy.

It has happened several times, eBay tell you to take multiple pictures, then you find all but the first one has been deleted.

The only way to know for sure is check EVERY SINGLE LISTING and when you have 1500 of them, it can take weeks, as it has done several times in the past when I have had to check every listing and replace deleted photos..

I have just given up even looking any more.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Sorry, I'm on my mobile now so I might miss a detail, but if you go to eBay summary so that you can avoid the hub, on the left side is 3 tabs on grey.

Mouse-over the first tab and a drop down menu should appear, with selling and seller hub listed separately. Click selling and it will take you to the old selling page, where at the top is a notification box, it usuall has "I need to leave feedback for x items", "I'm awaiting payment for x items" etc. The photo alert should show there if more listings are affected.
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

If you do a pretend bulk edit (but not finish it) that message also appears about the photos, and in the photos column it'll tell you many photos are in each listing.
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Yes, happened to me, I had no idea until some members of these boards had a look at one of my listings. I reuploaded the missing pictures (but it still hasn't sold, dang it, lol)

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:
Sorry, I'm on my mobile now so I might miss a detail, but if you go to eBay summary so that you can avoid the hub, on the left side is 3 tabs on grey.

Mouse-over the first tab and a drop down menu should appear, with selling and seller hub listed separately. Click selling and it will take you to the old selling page, where at the top is a notification box, it usuall has "I need to leave feedback for x items", "I'm awaiting payment for x items" etc. The photo alert should show there if more listings are affected.

Amazing! So much knowledge! Thanks Digital Ghost, and to think you did all that from memory - found it and it said one listing needs to be fixed so I clicked on it and it is a different listing to the one I found today that has all but one deleted. So happy that I found another to fix [ happy but not happy ] but it is not correct as the boots I found are not included.....

Might call eBay I think ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply