Has everyone seen the latest update in the Seller Centre - postage labels

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/ebay-for-business/australia-post-labels

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/pay/printing-labels.html

We’ll pay Australia Post directly and then add your Australia Post postage label charges to your monthly eBay invoice. Your invoice can be found in My Account under My eBay.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Has everyone seen the latest update in the Seller Centre - postage labels

It starts in October.

groupwave.gif

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Receive a discount off comparable Australia Post retail rates. Your savings will be shown when you submit your package information.
Note: Discounts relate to base postage costs only and will not be applied to any packaging costs or additional services purchased, such as Signature on Delivery.

A discount too? I wonder if that means the costs of the flat-rate boxes and satchels will increase?
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

So Ebay have got themselves an AP contract with nice cheap rates - which they won't be passing on (or at least not in their entirety) - and so they can now make a profit on sellers actual postage costs too. Wonder why it took them so long????

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Sounds like it, dunnit.

Isn't it USA eBay who charge sellers a % of the postage price? Bad enough that paypal take a%, now eBay will double dip somewhere along the line.

l hope there is an opt out or that its optional.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

The US and the UK sellers pay FVF on sell price plus postage. It's only a matter of time until we have to do the same.

Ambridge, I thought you'd be happy to skip the login to C&S step and just process your labels directly through eBay.

After all, we know how glitchy the C&S site has been. Never see those kinds of problems on eBay.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

@ambridgebuckskins wrote:

l hope there is an opt out or that its optional.

There must be - too many sellers already have their own AP account

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

* pushes Sportandplay into a black berry bush *

Pfft.

Which is the lesser of two evils?

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Well we'll still have to use C&S for any Own Packaging items, which is a lot of ours at the moment because it is currently cheaper than using the 500g satchels.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

It depends on what the discount will be - any more than 20c and the eBay label option would be cheaper than the other options. (My guess AP would have jumped at the chance of receiving [say] one payment from eBay per month, instead of thousands from individual sellers paying with PayPal).

If AP ever decide to include the flat rate Express Post, I'll be pretty darn pleased. 

Some other interesting changes in that email - including being able to specify flat rate postage by region, which will really help those using couriers. 

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply