Has there been a downturn in ebay sales for November 2016 or is it just me?

Why are my sales down? 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

It's not just you - I've been averaging 4-5 sales a day for the last few months; since the 9th, I've only sold ten items - effectively, one a day.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I've been averaging a sale a day for 2 years now and suddenly nothing - only 4 sales for this month.   Is it Australia Post increases or ebay behind the scenes upgrading/maintenance!

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

It's not Australia Post increases in my case - I haven't put postage up. I did increase the price of the highest-selling items, but they're still cheaper than any other seller listing the same goods, and sales actually went up the day after I raised the price...

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I think people have been putting all their spare cash into their mortgages because the interest rates have been so low lately. Sales are down everywhere, not just eBay.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

That sounds like a valid reason ...... I will blame the banks in this instance and not some dark conspiracy  Cat Happy:

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Has there been a downturn in ebay sales for November 2016?

No

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

I was just told that Chinese Post cannot deliver in less than fifteen to thirty five days. That is too late for Christmas which is the main reason I would buy now. I will also counsel anyone who asks to avoid ordering Christmas gifts  here. Australia may well still be delivering locally in a few days but they have been unreliable for months and if it is an item that is to be reposted I recommend physical shopping at this point.

I ordered a Chinese item. A wireless security camera on the 9th. It may not be here until Christmas or later and the people who I needed to protect myself from are getting to my door with me having no way to prove it. I also make recommendations about security and anyone who needs protection anytime. It is better to spend $300 at JB in a physical shopping trip than $100 to get it here and maybe get murdered while u wait. Sorry

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

I suspect most sellers on this board are in AUSTRALIA. And sellers

As such, your advice to avoid Chinese sellers is, at best, teaching grandma to suck eggs.

Your personal security problems are probably specific to you, however.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@weblightaustralia wrote:

I was just told that Chinese Post cannot deliver in less than fifteen to thirty five days. That is too late for Christmas which is the main reason I would buy now. I will also counsel anyone who asks to avoid ordering Christmas gifts  here. Australia may well still be delivering locally in a few days but they have been unreliable for months and if it is an item that is to be reposted I recommend physical shopping at this point.

I ordered a Chinese item. A wireless security camera on the 9th. It may not be here until Christmas or later and the people who I needed to protect myself from are getting to my door with me having no way to prove it. I also make recommendations about security and anyone who needs protection anytime. It is better to spend $300 at JB in a physical shopping trip than $100 to get it here and maybe get murdered while u wait. Sorry

That is all a bit of over-reaction.

I have just ordered a few small/cheap items from China....I could not care less when they arrive as they are for me but it will be interesting to see when they do turn up.   A number of my China Post items have been here in 5-6 days.

If you want a reliable security camera it is always better to get it locally....the electronic junk from China is aways a lottery as to whether it will do the job or not.

If I was afraid of being murdered I would not be relying on even a $300 item from JB....I would be spending a lot more than that.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply