Having to repeatedly login

I'm having a lot of trouble with trying to verify my bank account in order to receive any payments. I got a message with a link to Verify (I know the 2 micro amounts eBay put into my bank account), but the link simply takes me to a login page. Once I login, a general ebay page opens, not any area to put in the micro amounts. 

I've been searching in my finance account and seller hub, finally found a link that might get me there... but I click it and it wants me to login (seconds after I last logged in). Then I have to pick buses, trains, boats... I'm so sick of clicking on boats ๐Ÿ™‚ .. .to prove I'm human. Then I'm back at the general ebay page. 

Over and over I've gone through this procedure. Countless logins, countless boats, no success. I keep forgetting where I've clicked through from as it always goes back to ebay's front page. 

Is anyone else having login issues. I've cleared my cache, which has meant every single regular site I visit required me to login again, though once I did so it stuck. But eBay? No, I'm still logging in repeatedly but getting no where.

I recall this login problem happening to me weeks ago, to the point I simply gave up visiting ebay. But since I have some listings up, I need to solve this.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Try a different browser.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Clear cache and cookies. That will generally solve login loops.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Yes I'd already done that. It didn't help with eBay but as a result I spent the next few days frantically trying to remember logins for my other sites, which are all working fine, but eBay is continually wanting my login repeated. This happens on desktop computer and ipad.
I'll try a different browser as jellybird suggested, though it's crazy to have to even try that when my browser works fine for everything except ebay. It's a nuisance.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

@sofie_cat wrote:

...............though it's crazy to have to even try that when my browser works fine for everything except ebay. It's a nuisance.

What browser are you using ?  I use Firefox and Chrome without any significant problems.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Chrome.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I'm having the same issue today when trying to re-list items...being asked to submit login

details every time the relist button is hit, then returned to the front page, rinse and repeat in a constant loop.

There must issues at Ebay's end.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Have you tried the previous suggestions of clearing cache and cookies then rebooting your computer or trying a different browser ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I have yeah...same thing happened a while back. Was told it's usually a 'Friday thing' as Ebay constantly tweek around. Will hopefully be sorted soon.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Sometimes a "hard refresh" is needed, not just clearing cookies and cache.

This is done by holding down Ctrl and pressing F5.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply