Having trouble selling today - just keeps taking me to sign in page - anyone else?

Just trying to list a few things today, but even though I'm signed in to my account and clicking 'sell an item' from my ebay summary, it just keeps taking me to a sign in page, and won't go any further. I listed a heap of things yesterday and didn't have a problem. So frustrating - anyone else?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Having trouble selling today - just keeps taking me to sign in page - anyone else?

Fiona, try clearing your cache and cookies then rebooting your computer, that will usually stop the sign-in loops.

Also if you're not already using them try Firefox or Chrome as your browser.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I often get log in loops on Firefox. Restarting it usually fixes it (for a few days then it gets stuck again). Never had it happen on Chrome.

Hi Padi!

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

G'day Tippy......................original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Is it still happening today?

I remember that happening to me once or twice over the years.  Try using another browser type.  If it still happens in a different browser then it is most likely a problem at eBay's servers.  They would use a combination of different servers and they have different domains and subdomains to drive their system, and different peoples' accounts and data could be stored across different systems, and if one thing in that chain plays up, it can cause problems.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

There's a brilliant little Firefox plugin called "Cookies Manager+" and I use it regularly.

It will live in your tools menu and will select all cookies from eBay when required.

Just delete the lot!

You have to log in twice to get restarted (the first login gives you a new batch of cookies) but you're good to go again after that.

eBay drops about 50 or so cookies into your browser cache so it's small wonder the loops happen.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Yup ...everytime I try to enter the starting price it reverts to blank box. 

All I can think of is .... Its friday! They always fiddle on Fridays.....

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Go Chrome!  Far less problems to deal with.  But I am sure a lot of problems are at the other end anyway!

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply