Heads Up: Potential Issue with Sending Invoices

All of my buyers are having problems requesting total, because it empties their carts and redirects them to the US site, but as an aside, on the invoices I'm sending them, eBay is now putting this fun new thing at the bottom:

If you send your payment (e.g. cheque) by post, add a copy of this e-mail and send everything to the following address. Please note that eBay does not permit sellers to accept cash payments sent by post.

[name and address redacted]

Are we forced to accept cheques, etc, now, or ... ?

I'd really, really, REALLY rather not and this makes buyers think that I do.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Yes, we've noticed it on some of our invoices too.

Strangely enough it's not on all invoices.

It would certainly slow down postage times, if we have to wait for a cheque to firstly arrive in the mail, and then clear, before we post.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Just spoke to CS about this and they said no, it's not a supported payment method under managed payments and is an error.

I also clarified that I would not be responsible if a buyer sees it and chooses to send a cheque and they agreed that it was their responsibility, not mine.

All good, then.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

What happends if we send an invoice and the buyer wishes to pay by bank deposit. I understand that managed payments does not support this but what if we send the buyer our bank details upon request and they pay by eft??

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

This message has appeared on my invoices forever - both as a seller and a buyer.   I don't take any notice, no one has even sent me a cheque.     The thing I do like about it tho is it does in fact give the sellers name and address (if they have that enabled) and I feel it's more personal.  

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply