121 REPLIES 121

Re: Heads up. AUS POST just announced price changes

If you read curra's link for the FAQ's, it says that parcels will be covered for the first $100, as per my last post.
Message 21 of 122
Latest reply

I'm with you, lupercal.  My issue is generally space rather than weight.  I use a lot of 3kg and 5kg satchels and they rarely weigh anywhere near 3kg or 5kg.  When I used to sell a lot of shoes the weight was sometimes important but most other items have size limitations.

When I first read about this I was excited because I thought "own packaging" meant boxes as well as satchels.  But it appears boxes will still be priced by cubic weight rather than actual weight.

This seems just another price rise masquerading as something else.  I can see it may be worthwhile for sellers of heavier relatively small items like books and electronics but not much value for sellers of lighter bulkier items.

Message 22 of 122
Latest reply

On second thought, have I read it wrong about boxes?  If you use a large box is it a flat rate or cubic weight rate?

Message 23 of 122
Latest reply

Sorry, to keep asking questions.

When they say the medium and large satchels / boxes have been replaced by large and extra large satchels / boxes, do they mean the dimensions have increased or have they simply re-named the existing products?

Message 24 of 122
Latest reply

Did you read the link to the FAQs that curraone so kindly posted for us?

Current Satchels and boxes = New Satchels and boxes* (All have a maximum weight of 5kg)

Small 500g Satchel / Small box (Bx1) = Small Satchel / Small box
Up to 1kg Satchel / Medium box (Bx2) = Medium Satchel / Medium box
Medium 3kg Satchel = Large Satchel / Large box
Large 5kg Satchel / Large box (Bx4) = Extra Large Satchel / Extra Large box

Message 25 of 122
Latest reply

Probably a simple answer to this, but I just wish to clarify so I don't make a mistake and change all my postage prices to the incorrect prices, are these Australia Post satchels I buy in bulk still able to be used and what will Ebay be charging me, when I purchase the postage online (print postage label) for say an item that fits inside this bag and weighs upto 5 kg ? Just not sure if these bags are classed as the "own packaging" seeing as they are not Pre-Paid Satchels..

Message 26 of 122
Latest reply

For me its mainly win and a little lose. Most of my items are use my own boxes.

My rate for 1KG and 3kg is now cheaper than it use to be so I can send anywhere for a better price. (Though local metro has gone up but that wont matter)

Only 500 gram boxes has gone up for me and only by 60cents for both normal and express post.

I do not partake in satchels. I need my boxes bigger and sturdier to make sure I never get compaints about how my items are packed.

Message 27 of 122
Latest reply

@lady_and_the_tramp wrote:

Probably a simple answer to this, but I just wish to clarify so I don't make a mistake and change all my postage prices to the incorrect prices, are these Australia Post satchels I buy in bulk still able to be used and what will Ebay be charging me, when I purchase the postage online (print postage label) for say an item that fits inside this bag and weighs upto 5 kg ? Just not sure if these bags are classed as the "own packaging" seeing as they are not Pre-Paid Satchels..

Probably the short answer to this is that we don't know what ebay is going to do yet about their ebay postage labels  - I assume their prices will go up too.

Message 28 of 122
Latest reply

Ok, thanks for quick reply.....
Message 29 of 122
Latest reply

but if you use the Australia Post site to print your label for the small satchels you show in photo, the cost will be $8.95 and you can put up to 5 kg in them.

Message 30 of 122
Latest reply