121 REPLIES 121

Heads up. AUS POST just announced price changes

I wonder what they weigh?
Message 41 of 122
Latest reply

I think the whole thing might be a small win for me - I can go back to using my A1 boxes for heavy books and still only pay $8.95 (ignoring the cost ot the box) for up to 5kg.

But if I include the cost of the box I paid $1.38, add $8.95 - it still comes to $10.33.

No point in buying more satchels, when I already have the boxes.

Message 42 of 122
Latest reply

way confused, whether its worth buying up satchels (I currently do what others have mentioned box inside a satchel) interstate to keep costs down.

unsure whether to stock up, or whether my current stock of AP satchels will be be a disadvantage.  my main sellers being vintage magazines.

Message 43 of 122
Latest reply

Until the end of Sept we'll have to cost postage according to weight....thereafter it will be based mainly on dimensions (as to which size satchel you use)
Message 44 of 122
Latest reply

if you already have the satchels you can still use them - in fact after the price rise you can fill them up to 5 kg regardless of what size they are.

Message 45 of 122
Latest reply

Worst thing for me will be deleting all my postage blurb from 2300 listings....gawd
Message 46 of 122
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

No, I think I know now - it is the new boxes they are bringing out:    

Australia Postโ€™s new If It Packs, It Posts range, up to 5kg anywhere in Australia at new flat rates.

https://www.ipc.be/news-portal/general-news/2019/09/04/08/04/australia-post-announces-if-it-packs-it...

Message 47 of 122
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:
Worst thing for me will be deleting all my postage blurb from 2300 listings....gawd

Use find & replace.  I made sure quite a while ago that the blurb in my description about postage and a few other things is EXACTLY the same in all my listings so that I can simply copy the code and do a bulk replace if I need to.  It's easier to do a bulk find & replace through seller hub.  I could never get it to work through All Selling.  

Message 48 of 122
Latest reply

thanks...I'm still unsure what to replace it with....maybe nothing? I might just mention that I combine postage and leave it at that
Message 49 of 122
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

@curraone wrote:

No, I think I know now - it is the new boxes they are bringing out:    

Australia Postโ€™s new If It Packs, It Posts range, up to 5kg anywhere in Australia at new flat rates.

https://www.ipc.be/news-portal/general-news/2019/09/04/08/04/australia-post-announces-if-it-packs-it...

If a customerโ€™s item fits in any of the new Australia Post If it Packs, It Posts product range of packaging and satchels (small, medium, large or extra large) and weighs up to 5kg, weโ€™ll send it anywhere in Australia at a flat rate based on the size of packaging the customer has chosen. Customers choosing to use their own packaging can also access flat rates based on four weight tiers up to 5kg (500g, 1kg, 3kg, 5kg).

Message 50 of 122
Latest reply