Help! Sold item don't know what to do next!

au-plum
Community Member
Hi there
I listed a Samsung phone and VR headset and it has sold. I tried to list as pick up only (I'm in Australia New South Wales and a buyer in England has now bought it. I just feel really lost, wanted to sell to a person who could pick up. I don't want to do the wrong thing by the buyer and will ship but I just don't understand the process and am really worried. Can anyone help me with all of this?!
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Cancel the transaction immediately using the reason that there is a problem with the buyer's address, or you do not post to the buyer's location.

I am guessing that it is a scam....high end items sold by new sellers are a magnet for scammers.

Do not answer any emails or messages from the buyer.

And for future reference, you have a postage amount in your listing but you cannot send mobile phones as ordinary mail through AP....they have to go by road only.   And you certainly cannot send them overseas by AP....you would need to use a special courier.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Your main problem is that you cannot ship any device with a lithium battery by airmail, so it would have to go by seamail or by a very expensive courier that has permission from AP to ship them.

Also an expensive item like the phone from aq new seller is very prone to being targetted by scammers.

Your best action would be to cancel the purchase using "not sent to a country outside Australia" as an excuse.

Edit. G'day lyndal.......................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

au-plum
Community Member
Hi there guys,
Thank you so much for your replies. I cancelled the sale as it was looking like a scam - and sure enough then received an email from eBay saying it was a phishing scam more than likely.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

OK good.

Now you can relist it.

But make sure you have selected all the countries you will not ship to.

So that AU is the only country left on the list.

Then put pickup ONLY as the postage options. And state that clearly in the description.

You can say cash on pickup is preferred but you cannot exclude PayPal as a payment option. Ebay dont allow that.

Cask on pickup is much safer since if they pay with paypal they could scam you by opening a Item Not Received case against you.

And since you would then not have proof of postage/delivery they would very likely be awarded a refund by ebay.

Meaning you would have lost your phone.

Take care and good luck with it.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply