Help with unlinking a paypal account.

How does one unlink a paypal account and change it to another???   Has tried the unlink option on the account settings page.   Hits that shows as unlinked.   Then hits option to link paypal to ebay.  But it keeps linking the old email address.   has even deleted the email addy from paypal and ebay still wants to link to a non existent paypal account.  

Reason for the question is atm trying to link ebay to a temp paypal account while we set up a bussiness paypal account but needs to free ebay from the current email address.

anyone got any ideas???

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

just some further info for people is a ebay business account here...

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Linked accounts are just for buying, I thought?

You can change the email on listings at any time, either individually or in bulk, but linking / unlinking an account won't actually do it, if that helps.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

ebay also draw their fees from the linked account <<< that the issue...   has even tried blocking payments etc at paypal level and then tried gaving ebay it permissions back but again there no option there to even to point them to another email addy.... 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Are you able to temporarily change the payment method entirely? eg to a credit or debit card? 

If you can, I'd try removing all authorisations between eBay / PayPal on both sites, then clearing cookies/cache, then restart your browser and see if that works.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

yeah has tried that trick with no luck.   Is going do it a different way as can not get ebay to pay nice lol.   Is going to set the business account up with a dummy email address when I have that side sorted out will drop the payment address from the personal account and add to the bussiness account to get payment going through there.   

It the only way I can see it been done atm.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN RESOLVED EBAY - I HAVE PERSONAL ITEMS DEBITING A BUSINESS ACCOUNT AND EVEN THOUGH IT STATES ITS ONLY LINKED TO A PERSONAL ACCOUNT WHRN YOU CLICK THROUGH IT GOES BACK TO THE BUSINESS PAYPAL, RESOLVE IT PLEASE M Y ACCOUNTANT GETTING CRANKY

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

eBay don't read or respond to board posts. Only other members here and most of us don't like being shouted at.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply